AT&T Mobility workers ratify agreement
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — AT&T Mobility, LLC, employees in its Southeast Region (CWA District 3) have voted to ratify a four-year agreement with the Communications Workers of America.
The agreement covers about 11,200 CWA members in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.
AT&T Mobility and the CWA had reached the agreement on April 16 – before expiration of the prior contract at 11:59 p.m. that night.
The agreement demonstrates that even in tough economic times and in the midst of major changes in the marketplace and the telecommunications industry, the company and union can work together to maintain good union jobs with wages and benefits that are among the best in the country.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lost Pizza discovered — Restaurateurs begin franchising
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Keeping our eye on ... Laurel Donahoo
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets