AT&T Mobility workers ratify agreement
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — AT&T Mobility, LLC, employees in its Southeast Region (CWA District 3) have voted to ratify a four-year agreement with the Communications Workers of America.
The agreement covers about 11,200 CWA members in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.
AT&T Mobility and the CWA had reached the agreement on April 16 – before expiration of the prior contract at 11:59 p.m. that night.
The agreement demonstrates that even in tough economic times and in the midst of major changes in the marketplace and the telecommunications industry, the company and union can work together to maintain good union jobs with wages and benefits that are among the best in the country.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location