AT&T Mobility workers ratify agreement
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — AT&T Mobility, LLC, employees in its Southeast Region (CWA District 3) have voted to ratify a four-year agreement with the Communications Workers of America.
The agreement covers about 11,200 CWA members in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.
AT&T Mobility and the CWA had reached the agreement on April 16 – before expiration of the prior contract at 11:59 p.m. that night.
The agreement demonstrates that even in tough economic times and in the midst of major changes in the marketplace and the telecommunications industry, the company and union can work together to maintain good union jobs with wages and benefits that are among the best in the country.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Education leaders applying for $15M in grants for pre-kindergarten program