AT&T Mobility workers ratify agreement
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — AT&T Mobility, LLC, employees in its Southeast Region (CWA District 3) have voted to ratify a four-year agreement with the Communications Workers of America.
The agreement covers about 11,200 CWA members in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.
AT&T Mobility and the CWA had reached the agreement on April 16 – before expiration of the prior contract at 11:59 p.m. that night.
The agreement demonstrates that even in tough economic times and in the midst of major changes in the marketplace and the telecommunications industry, the company and union can work together to maintain good union jobs with wages and benefits that are among the best in the country.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Current Poll
- Dan Mullen, Hugh Freeze to play in pro-am Thursday
- Legislators' education alternative challenged in court
- College Board stands behind move to fire Ole Miss chancellor
- Biloxi Shuckers gives city $925K to speed construction
- ROBERT KHAYAT: Board made a big mistake in not renewing Dan Jones
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions