Caye closing plant, 600 out of work
NEW ALBANY — Caye Home Furnishings is closing its plant in New Albany within the next 60 days, putting 600 people out of work.
The closing of the plant marks the end of an era of sorts.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that at one time, the facility was the largest upholstered furniture manufacturing plant in the world.
Caye Upholstery LLC acquired the Stratford Co. in 2002. It was the Stratford name that Morris Futorian began producing furniture in New Albany in 1948.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money