Caye closing plant, 600 out of work
NEW ALBANY — Caye Home Furnishings is closing its plant in New Albany within the next 60 days, putting 600 people out of work.
The closing of the plant marks the end of an era of sorts.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that at one time, the facility was the largest upholstered furniture manufacturing plant in the world.
Caye Upholstery LLC acquired the Stratford Co. in 2002. It was the Stratford name that Morris Futorian began producing furniture in New Albany in 1948.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county