BP gets $69M clean-up bill from White House
Published: June 3,2010
WASHINGTON — The White House says the federal government is sending BP a $69-million bill for costs so far in its response to the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs says the bill is the first to be sent to the oil company, which leased the oil rig that exploded April 20 and later sank, sending millions of gallons of oil into the Gulf. Gibbs says he isn’t sure how long the company has to pay the bill.
The White House has said BP will ultimately be responsible for all costs associated with the spill.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “BP gets $69M clean-up bill from White House”
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued