BP gets $69M clean-up bill from White House
Published: June 3,2010
WASHINGTON — The White House says the federal government is sending BP a $69-million bill for costs so far in its response to the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs says the bill is the first to be sent to the oil company, which leased the oil rig that exploded April 20 and later sank, sending millions of gallons of oil into the Gulf. Gibbs says he isn’t sure how long the company has to pay the bill.
The White House has said BP will ultimately be responsible for all costs associated with the spill.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “BP gets $69M clean-up bill from White House”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force