BP gets $69M clean-up bill from White House
by Associated Press
Published: June 3,2010
WASHINGTON — The White House says the federal government is sending BP a $69-million bill for costs so far in its response to the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs says the bill is the first to be sent to the oil company, which leased the oil rig that exploded April 20 and later sank, sending millions of gallons of oil into the Gulf. Gibbs says he isn’t sure how long the company has to pay the bill.
The White House has said BP will ultimately be responsible for all costs associated with the spill.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “BP gets $69M clean-up bill from White House”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program