BP gets $69M clean-up bill from White House
Published: June 3,2010
WASHINGTON — The White House says the federal government is sending BP a $69-million bill for costs so far in its response to the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs says the bill is the first to be sent to the oil company, which leased the oil rig that exploded April 20 and later sank, sending millions of gallons of oil into the Gulf. Gibbs says he isn’t sure how long the company has to pay the bill.
The White House has said BP will ultimately be responsible for all costs associated with the spill.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “BP gets $69M clean-up bill from White House”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Community Bank names new officers
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County