Fitch Ratings downgrades BP
by Associated Press
Published: June 3,2010
NEW YORK — Fitch became the first credit ratings agency to downgrade BP, noting the extreme financial risks tied to the ongoing Gulf oil spill.
“The company has so far repeatedly failed to stop the resultant oil leak and has instead reverted to containment methods that are yet to be fully implemented and are subject to potential weather-related disruption,” the ratings agency says.
Fitch says further downgrades are possible.
Fitch estimates that BP’s efforts to plug the well and clean up the oil will cost between $2 billion and $3 billion this year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge