Camgian earns HUBZone designation
Published: June 4,2010
STARKVILLE — Camgian Microsystems Corporation has received the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA’s) HUBZone (Historically Underutilized Business Zone) designation.
Camgian’s new SBA HUBZone designation will allow it to better serve the contracting requirements and needs within the federal market place.
Established in 1997, the purpose of the HUBZone program is to provide federal contracting assistance for qualified small businesses located in historically underutilized business zones in an effort to increase employment opportunities, investment and economic development in such areas.
“Camgian is grateful for the outstanding support that the SBA is providing to small companies and their work to strengthen our economy,” said Gary Butler, Camgian Microsystems president and CEO. “Camgian is very excited about participating in the HUBZone program and looks forward to working with the SBA to continue growing our business in Mississippi.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports