Camgian earns HUBZone designation
Published: June 4,2010
STARKVILLE — Camgian Microsystems Corporation has received the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA’s) HUBZone (Historically Underutilized Business Zone) designation.
Camgian’s new SBA HUBZone designation will allow it to better serve the contracting requirements and needs within the federal market place.
Established in 1997, the purpose of the HUBZone program is to provide federal contracting assistance for qualified small businesses located in historically underutilized business zones in an effort to increase employment opportunities, investment and economic development in such areas.
“Camgian is grateful for the outstanding support that the SBA is providing to small companies and their work to strengthen our economy,” said Gary Butler, Camgian Microsystems president and CEO. “Camgian is very excited about participating in the HUBZone program and looks forward to working with the SBA to continue growing our business in Mississippi.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge