Camgian earns HUBZone designation
Published: June 4,2010
STARKVILLE — Camgian Microsystems Corporation has received the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA’s) HUBZone (Historically Underutilized Business Zone) designation.
Camgian’s new SBA HUBZone designation will allow it to better serve the contracting requirements and needs within the federal market place.
Established in 1997, the purpose of the HUBZone program is to provide federal contracting assistance for qualified small businesses located in historically underutilized business zones in an effort to increase employment opportunities, investment and economic development in such areas.
“Camgian is grateful for the outstanding support that the SBA is providing to small companies and their work to strengthen our economy,” said Gary Butler, Camgian Microsystems president and CEO. “Camgian is very excited about participating in the HUBZone program and looks forward to working with the SBA to continue growing our business in Mississippi.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money