Camgian earns HUBZone designation
by Wally Northway
Published: June 4,2010
STARKVILLE — Camgian Microsystems Corporation has received the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA’s) HUBZone (Historically Underutilized Business Zone) designation.
Camgian’s new SBA HUBZone designation will allow it to better serve the contracting requirements and needs within the federal market place.
Established in 1997, the purpose of the HUBZone program is to provide federal contracting assistance for qualified small businesses located in historically underutilized business zones in an effort to increase employment opportunities, investment and economic development in such areas.
“Camgian is grateful for the outstanding support that the SBA is providing to small companies and their work to strengthen our economy,” said Gary Butler, Camgian Microsystems president and CEO. “Camgian is very excited about participating in the HUBZone program and looks forward to working with the SBA to continue growing our business in Mississippi.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State