Union Grocery acquired by Imperial
NEW ALBANY — Imperial Trading Co. of Elmwood, La., has acquired Union Grocery, a grocery distributor founded in 1952 in New Albany.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
ITC spokesman Keith Beba said Union Grocery would operate as a division of ITC. He said the 45 employees will remain with the company.
Beba says the acquisition will allow ITC to become the nation’s ninth-largest convenience store wholesaler and one of the largest private companies in the region. ITC is an affiliate of Georges Enterprises, LLC.
Union Grocery services large supermarkets and convenience stores.
Imperial services more than 3,000 retailers in a nine-state region.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete