Union Grocery acquired by Imperial
NEW ALBANY — Imperial Trading Co. of Elmwood, La., has acquired Union Grocery, a grocery distributor founded in 1952 in New Albany.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
ITC spokesman Keith Beba said Union Grocery would operate as a division of ITC. He said the 45 employees will remain with the company.
Beba says the acquisition will allow ITC to become the nation’s ninth-largest convenience store wholesaler and one of the largest private companies in the region. ITC is an affiliate of Georges Enterprises, LLC.
Union Grocery services large supermarkets and convenience stores.
Imperial services more than 3,000 retailers in a nine-state region.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site