Union Grocery acquired by Imperial
NEW ALBANY — Imperial Trading Co. of Elmwood, La., has acquired Union Grocery, a grocery distributor founded in 1952 in New Albany.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
ITC spokesman Keith Beba said Union Grocery would operate as a division of ITC. He said the 45 employees will remain with the company.
Beba says the acquisition will allow ITC to become the nation’s ninth-largest convenience store wholesaler and one of the largest private companies in the region. ITC is an affiliate of Georges Enterprises, LLC.
Union Grocery services large supermarkets and convenience stores.
Imperial services more than 3,000 retailers in a nine-state region.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training