Union Grocery acquired by Imperial
NEW ALBANY — Imperial Trading Co. of Elmwood, La., has acquired Union Grocery, a grocery distributor founded in 1952 in New Albany.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
ITC spokesman Keith Beba said Union Grocery would operate as a division of ITC. He said the 45 employees will remain with the company.
Beba says the acquisition will allow ITC to become the nation’s ninth-largest convenience store wholesaler and one of the largest private companies in the region. ITC is an affiliate of Georges Enterprises, LLC.
Union Grocery services large supermarkets and convenience stores.
Imperial services more than 3,000 retailers in a nine-state region.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Events and Nominations