Union Grocery acquired by Imperial
NEW ALBANY — Imperial Trading Co. of Elmwood, La., has acquired Union Grocery, a grocery distributor founded in 1952 in New Albany.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
ITC spokesman Keith Beba said Union Grocery would operate as a division of ITC. He said the 45 employees will remain with the company.
Beba says the acquisition will allow ITC to become the nation’s ninth-largest convenience store wholesaler and one of the largest private companies in the region. ITC is an affiliate of Georges Enterprises, LLC.
Union Grocery services large supermarkets and convenience stores.
Imperial services more than 3,000 retailers in a nine-state region.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager