Brigham named interim MUW president
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 6,2010
The Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning (IHL) voted to appoint Allegra Brigham, 4-County Electric Power Association CEO and general manager, as interim president of the Mississippi University for Women (MUW).
Dr. Claudia Limbert announced late last year that she would retire and step down as MUW’s 13th president in June when her current contract ends.
Brigham became CEO of 4-County, an electric cooperative serving 45,500 members in eight counties in Northeast Mississippi, in March 2003. She is the first female in Mississippi co-op history to hold the position.
Brigham began her professional career as a high school teacher, moving into journalism after four years in the classroom. She worked as a reporter and editor at The Commercial Dispatch in Columbus.
Brigham, former MUW director of public relations, has also taught as an assistant professor of journalism at the university.
Brigham currently serves on the board of directors of the Mississippi Economic Council and the Columbus-Lowndes Development Link. She is also a member of the Federal Reserve Bank, Memphis Branch board.
Brigham and her husband, Bill, are the parents of two daughters and have five grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years