Brigham named interim MUW president
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 6,2010
The Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning (IHL) voted to appoint Allegra Brigham, 4-County Electric Power Association CEO and general manager, as interim president of the Mississippi University for Women (MUW).
Dr. Claudia Limbert announced late last year that she would retire and step down as MUW’s 13th president in June when her current contract ends.
Brigham became CEO of 4-County, an electric cooperative serving 45,500 members in eight counties in Northeast Mississippi, in March 2003. She is the first female in Mississippi co-op history to hold the position.
Brigham began her professional career as a high school teacher, moving into journalism after four years in the classroom. She worked as a reporter and editor at The Commercial Dispatch in Columbus.
Brigham, former MUW director of public relations, has also taught as an assistant professor of journalism at the university.
Brigham currently serves on the board of directors of the Mississippi Economic Council and the Columbus-Lowndes Development Link. She is also a member of the Federal Reserve Bank, Memphis Branch board.
Brigham and her husband, Bill, are the parents of two daughters and have five grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money