Brigham named interim MUW president
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 6,2010
The Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning (IHL) voted to appoint Allegra Brigham, 4-County Electric Power Association CEO and general manager, as interim president of the Mississippi University for Women (MUW).
Dr. Claudia Limbert announced late last year that she would retire and step down as MUW’s 13th president in June when her current contract ends.
Brigham became CEO of 4-County, an electric cooperative serving 45,500 members in eight counties in Northeast Mississippi, in March 2003. She is the first female in Mississippi co-op history to hold the position.
Brigham began her professional career as a high school teacher, moving into journalism after four years in the classroom. She worked as a reporter and editor at The Commercial Dispatch in Columbus.
Brigham, former MUW director of public relations, has also taught as an assistant professor of journalism at the university.
Brigham currently serves on the board of directors of the Mississippi Economic Council and the Columbus-Lowndes Development Link. She is also a member of the Federal Reserve Bank, Memphis Branch board.
Brigham and her husband, Bill, are the parents of two daughters and have five grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge
- Real estate company paying $1M for compromising wetlands
- Nullification and interposition
- Authorities: Suspect in ricin-laced letters case appeared to try to run
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections