Disaster fund board seated
BankPlus president and CEO Bill Ray of Madison has been named president of the board of directors of the Mississippi Disaster Recovery Fund.
Gov. Haley Barbour created the fund in April as a nonprofit that will coordinate donations to aid residents recovering from storms in April and May that brought tornadoes and flooding to many areas. The fund has raised more than $80,000 in donations. The board members will determine the distribution of funds to address unmet recovery needs.
Board members include: John Arledge of Flowood; John Hairston of Gulfport; Bennett Jeansonne of Natchez; Ramona Peresich of Biloxi; Debbie Renfroe of Moss Point; Thomas McIlwaine of Ocean Springs; Hugh Potts of Kosciusko; Van Ray of Yazoo City; Bo Collins of Union County; former state Rep. Robert Clark of Ebenezer; Martha Dalrymple of Monroe County; former Vicksburg Mayor Robert Walker; and Kenny King of Choctaw County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center