Disaster fund board seated
BankPlus president and CEO Bill Ray of Madison has been named president of the board of directors of the Mississippi Disaster Recovery Fund.
Gov. Haley Barbour created the fund in April as a nonprofit that will coordinate donations to aid residents recovering from storms in April and May that brought tornadoes and flooding to many areas. The fund has raised more than $80,000 in donations. The board members will determine the distribution of funds to address unmet recovery needs.
Board members include: John Arledge of Flowood; John Hairston of Gulfport; Bennett Jeansonne of Natchez; Ramona Peresich of Biloxi; Debbie Renfroe of Moss Point; Thomas McIlwaine of Ocean Springs; Hugh Potts of Kosciusko; Van Ray of Yazoo City; Bo Collins of Union County; former state Rep. Robert Clark of Ebenezer; Martha Dalrymple of Monroe County; former Vicksburg Mayor Robert Walker; and Kenny King of Choctaw County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement