Disaster fund board seated
BankPlus president and CEO Bill Ray of Madison has been named president of the board of directors of the Mississippi Disaster Recovery Fund.
Gov. Haley Barbour created the fund in April as a nonprofit that will coordinate donations to aid residents recovering from storms in April and May that brought tornadoes and flooding to many areas. The fund has raised more than $80,000 in donations. The board members will determine the distribution of funds to address unmet recovery needs.
Board members include: John Arledge of Flowood; John Hairston of Gulfport; Bennett Jeansonne of Natchez; Ramona Peresich of Biloxi; Debbie Renfroe of Moss Point; Thomas McIlwaine of Ocean Springs; Hugh Potts of Kosciusko; Van Ray of Yazoo City; Bo Collins of Union County; former state Rep. Robert Clark of Ebenezer; Martha Dalrymple of Monroe County; former Vicksburg Mayor Robert Walker; and Kenny King of Choctaw County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life