Disaster fund board seated
BankPlus president and CEO Bill Ray of Madison has been named president of the board of directors of the Mississippi Disaster Recovery Fund.
Gov. Haley Barbour created the fund in April as a nonprofit that will coordinate donations to aid residents recovering from storms in April and May that brought tornadoes and flooding to many areas. The fund has raised more than $80,000 in donations. The board members will determine the distribution of funds to address unmet recovery needs.
Board members include: John Arledge of Flowood; John Hairston of Gulfport; Bennett Jeansonne of Natchez; Ramona Peresich of Biloxi; Debbie Renfroe of Moss Point; Thomas McIlwaine of Ocean Springs; Hugh Potts of Kosciusko; Van Ray of Yazoo City; Bo Collins of Union County; former state Rep. Robert Clark of Ebenezer; Martha Dalrymple of Monroe County; former Vicksburg Mayor Robert Walker; and Kenny King of Choctaw County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19