Disaster fund board seated
BankPlus president and CEO Bill Ray of Madison has been named president of the board of directors of the Mississippi Disaster Recovery Fund.
Gov. Haley Barbour created the fund in April as a nonprofit that will coordinate donations to aid residents recovering from storms in April and May that brought tornadoes and flooding to many areas. The fund has raised more than $80,000 in donations. The board members will determine the distribution of funds to address unmet recovery needs.
Board members include: John Arledge of Flowood; John Hairston of Gulfport; Bennett Jeansonne of Natchez; Ramona Peresich of Biloxi; Debbie Renfroe of Moss Point; Thomas McIlwaine of Ocean Springs; Hugh Potts of Kosciusko; Van Ray of Yazoo City; Bo Collins of Union County; former state Rep. Robert Clark of Ebenezer; Martha Dalrymple of Monroe County; former Vicksburg Mayor Robert Walker; and Kenny King of Choctaw County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring