Judge tosses charges against supervisor
CARROLLTON — A judge has dismissed an embezzlement charge against the president of the Carroll County Board of Supervisors.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that Circuit Judge Billy Bridges yesterday threw out the charge against Supervisor Lloyd “Honey” Ashmore after hearing testimony from two prosecution witnesses.
Ashmore was accused of using county labor, materials and equipment to build a bridge on the property of Ed Meek in 2003.
The state Auditor’s Office received a complaint against Ashmore in April 2007, and he was indicted in May 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Friday at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015