Judge tosses charges against supervisor
CARROLLTON — A judge has dismissed an embezzlement charge against the president of the Carroll County Board of Supervisors.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that Circuit Judge Billy Bridges yesterday threw out the charge against Supervisor Lloyd “Honey” Ashmore after hearing testimony from two prosecution witnesses.
Ashmore was accused of using county labor, materials and equipment to build a bridge on the property of Ed Meek in 2003.
The state Auditor’s Office received a complaint against Ashmore in April 2007, and he was indicted in May 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years