Judge tosses charges against supervisor
CARROLLTON — A judge has dismissed an embezzlement charge against the president of the Carroll County Board of Supervisors.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that Circuit Judge Billy Bridges yesterday threw out the charge against Supervisor Lloyd “Honey” Ashmore after hearing testimony from two prosecution witnesses.
Ashmore was accused of using county labor, materials and equipment to build a bridge on the property of Ed Meek in 2003.
The state Auditor’s Office received a complaint against Ashmore in April 2007, and he was indicted in May 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62