Judge tosses charges against supervisor
CARROLLTON — A judge has dismissed an embezzlement charge against the president of the Carroll County Board of Supervisors.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that Circuit Judge Billy Bridges yesterday threw out the charge against Supervisor Lloyd “Honey” Ashmore after hearing testimony from two prosecution witnesses.
Ashmore was accused of using county labor, materials and equipment to build a bridge on the property of Ed Meek in 2003.
The state Auditor’s Office received a complaint against Ashmore in April 2007, and he was indicted in May 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches