Judge tosses charges against supervisor
CARROLLTON — A judge has dismissed an embezzlement charge against the president of the Carroll County Board of Supervisors.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that Circuit Judge Billy Bridges yesterday threw out the charge against Supervisor Lloyd “Honey” Ashmore after hearing testimony from two prosecution witnesses.
Ashmore was accused of using county labor, materials and equipment to build a bridge on the property of Ed Meek in 2003.
The state Auditor’s Office received a complaint against Ashmore in April 2007, and he was indicted in May 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi