Lake development proposal draws opposition
Published: June 8,2010
SARDIS — Plans for a destination resort facility at Sardis Lake have drawn protests from some area officials concerned about flood control.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that the proposed project would install a 300-unit condo hotel lodge, conference center, retail village, 1,600 single-family residential units, a 36-hole golf course, indoor water park and hotel, marina and other amenities.
The project is proposed for 2,064 acres.
Leflore County officials say development in the Sardis area should not be pursued at the expense of the safety of the Delta. Sardis Lake is one of four reservoirs built in Northeast Mississippi as a flood control mechanism.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Lake development proposal draws opposition”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money