Lake development proposal draws opposition
Published: June 8,2010
SARDIS — Plans for a destination resort facility at Sardis Lake have drawn protests from some area officials concerned about flood control.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that the proposed project would install a 300-unit condo hotel lodge, conference center, retail village, 1,600 single-family residential units, a 36-hole golf course, indoor water park and hotel, marina and other amenities.
The project is proposed for 2,064 acres.
Leflore County officials say development in the Sardis area should not be pursued at the expense of the safety of the Delta. Sardis Lake is one of four reservoirs built in Northeast Mississippi as a flood control mechanism.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Lake development proposal draws opposition”
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years