Lake development proposal draws opposition
by Associated Press
Published: June 8,2010
SARDIS — Plans for a destination resort facility at Sardis Lake have drawn protests from some area officials concerned about flood control.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that the proposed project would install a 300-unit condo hotel lodge, conference center, retail village, 1,600 single-family residential units, a 36-hole golf course, indoor water park and hotel, marina and other amenities.
The project is proposed for 2,064 acres.
Leflore County officials say development in the Sardis area should not be pursued at the expense of the safety of the Delta. Sardis Lake is one of four reservoirs built in Northeast Mississippi as a flood control mechanism.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Lake development proposal draws opposition”
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'