Lake development proposal draws opposition
Published: June 8,2010
SARDIS — Plans for a destination resort facility at Sardis Lake have drawn protests from some area officials concerned about flood control.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that the proposed project would install a 300-unit condo hotel lodge, conference center, retail village, 1,600 single-family residential units, a 36-hole golf course, indoor water park and hotel, marina and other amenities.
The project is proposed for 2,064 acres.
Leflore County officials say development in the Sardis area should not be pursued at the expense of the safety of the Delta. Sardis Lake is one of four reservoirs built in Northeast Mississippi as a flood control mechanism.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Lake development proposal draws opposition”
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate