Southern AgCredit endows scholarship
FLOWOOD — With a gift of $25,000 to the University of Southern Mississippi Foundation, the Southern AgCredit board of directors has established an endowment to provide scholarships to students in the University’s College of Business.
“We have directors, employees and stockholders who are graduates of Southern Miss,” said Joe Hayman, president and CEO of Flowood-based Southern AgCredit. “We feel strongly that by investing in the business education of students, we help to provide the foundation necessary for them to succeed in businesses that support the general economy of the state.”
With a branch located in Hattiesburg, Southern AgCredit has a strong connection to Southern Miss.
Its scholarship will be awarded to a full-time undergraduate student enrolled in the College of Business or an incoming freshman entering the college.
Dr. Lance Nail, dean of the College of Business, said, “The dividends of this investment will be seen in the next generation of finance leaders recruited and retained. We are extremely grateful for this opportunity for our most deserving students.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium