Southern AgCredit endows scholarship
FLOWOOD — With a gift of $25,000 to the University of Southern Mississippi Foundation, the Southern AgCredit board of directors has established an endowment to provide scholarships to students in the University’s College of Business.
“We have directors, employees and stockholders who are graduates of Southern Miss,” said Joe Hayman, president and CEO of Flowood-based Southern AgCredit. “We feel strongly that by investing in the business education of students, we help to provide the foundation necessary for them to succeed in businesses that support the general economy of the state.”
With a branch located in Hattiesburg, Southern AgCredit has a strong connection to Southern Miss.
Its scholarship will be awarded to a full-time undergraduate student enrolled in the College of Business or an incoming freshman entering the college.
Dr. Lance Nail, dean of the College of Business, said, “The dividends of this investment will be seen in the next generation of finance leaders recruited and retained. We are extremely grateful for this opportunity for our most deserving students.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M