Southern AgCredit endows scholarship
FLOWOOD — With a gift of $25,000 to the University of Southern Mississippi Foundation, the Southern AgCredit board of directors has established an endowment to provide scholarships to students in the University’s College of Business.
“We have directors, employees and stockholders who are graduates of Southern Miss,” said Joe Hayman, president and CEO of Flowood-based Southern AgCredit. “We feel strongly that by investing in the business education of students, we help to provide the foundation necessary for them to succeed in businesses that support the general economy of the state.”
With a branch located in Hattiesburg, Southern AgCredit has a strong connection to Southern Miss.
Its scholarship will be awarded to a full-time undergraduate student enrolled in the College of Business or an incoming freshman entering the college.
Dr. Lance Nail, dean of the College of Business, said, “The dividends of this investment will be seen in the next generation of finance leaders recruited and retained. We are extremely grateful for this opportunity for our most deserving students.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Digital Editions - magazines
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game