Southern AgCredit endows scholarship
FLOWOOD — With a gift of $25,000 to the University of Southern Mississippi Foundation, the Southern AgCredit board of directors has established an endowment to provide scholarships to students in the University’s College of Business.
“We have directors, employees and stockholders who are graduates of Southern Miss,” said Joe Hayman, president and CEO of Flowood-based Southern AgCredit. “We feel strongly that by investing in the business education of students, we help to provide the foundation necessary for them to succeed in businesses that support the general economy of the state.”
With a branch located in Hattiesburg, Southern AgCredit has a strong connection to Southern Miss.
Its scholarship will be awarded to a full-time undergraduate student enrolled in the College of Business or an incoming freshman entering the college.
Dr. Lance Nail, dean of the College of Business, said, “The dividends of this investment will be seen in the next generation of finance leaders recruited and retained. We are extremely grateful for this opportunity for our most deserving students.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Short supplies, high demand boost cattle producer profits
- State certifies school referendum for 2015 ballot