Groves: Census committed to accurate Delta count
MISSISSIPPI DELTA — U.S. Census Bureau director Robert M. Groves has reaffirmed the agency’s commitment to an accurate and complete count of everyone living in the Mississippi Delta.
Groves visited the region last week and participated in a 2010 Census roundtable discussion in Jackson, organized by Concerned Citizens for a Better Tunica County. Participants included Southern Echo, an African-American leadership organization; Sunflower County Parents and Students Organization; Mississippi Immigrants Rights Alliance; Tunica Teens in Action; Moving Forward Gulf Coast; and, Mercy Housing and Human Development of Gulfport
While most of the discussion centered around local efforts to increase awareness about the importance of being counted, there were some concerns about the area’s progress toward a complete count.
In response to these concerns, additional advertisements are being planned in Mississippi to encourage residents to open their doors to census workers and to raise the profile of local efforts to ensure a complete count in the Delta.
In addition, residents who believe they have not been counted are encouraged to call the Census Bureau’s questionnaire assistance line at 1-866-872-6868 to complete their census forms over the phone.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Groves: Census committed to accurate Delta count”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist