JCJC starts construction on new dorm
ELLISVILLE — Ground has been broken at Jones County Junior College (JCJC) on Anderson Hall, a new three-story dormitory, on the Ellisville campus.
It’s named after Sidney “Buck” Anderson, a JCJC alumnus and current vice president of the JCJC Foundation Board.
The Hattiesburg American reports Anderson Hall will have 121 beds and is scheduled to be completed in summer 2011. President Jesse Smith says it will cost approximately $4 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- John Fletcher joins Jones Walker