JCJC starts construction on new dorm
ELLISVILLE — Ground has been broken at Jones County Junior College (JCJC) on Anderson Hall, a new three-story dormitory, on the Ellisville campus.
It’s named after Sidney “Buck” Anderson, a JCJC alumnus and current vice president of the JCJC Foundation Board.
The Hattiesburg American reports Anderson Hall will have 121 beds and is scheduled to be completed in summer 2011. President Jesse Smith says it will cost approximately $4 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager