JCJC starts construction on new dorm
ELLISVILLE — Ground has been broken at Jones County Junior College (JCJC) on Anderson Hall, a new three-story dormitory, on the Ellisville campus.
It’s named after Sidney “Buck” Anderson, a JCJC alumnus and current vice president of the JCJC Foundation Board.
The Hattiesburg American reports Anderson Hall will have 121 beds and is scheduled to be completed in summer 2011. President Jesse Smith says it will cost approximately $4 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending