Legg Mason reports decrease in assets
BALTIMORE — Legg Mason Inc. said today that its assets under management fell 4 percent during the month of May to $657.9 billion from $685.3 billion at the close of April.
Legg Mason’s stock assets under management totaled $163 billion at the end of last month, down from $177.8 billion in the previous month. Stocks have been battered in recent weeks due to investor concerns that rising debt in Europe could derail the global economic recovery.
The asset manager, based in Baltimore, said fixed-income assets slipped to $358.8 billion as of May 31 from $367.1 billion at the end of April. Liquidity assets shrank to $136.1 billion from $140.4 billion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium