Legg Mason reports decrease in assets
BALTIMORE — Legg Mason Inc. said today that its assets under management fell 4 percent during the month of May to $657.9 billion from $685.3 billion at the close of April.
Legg Mason’s stock assets under management totaled $163 billion at the end of last month, down from $177.8 billion in the previous month. Stocks have been battered in recent weeks due to investor concerns that rising debt in Europe could derail the global economic recovery.
The asset manager, based in Baltimore, said fixed-income assets slipped to $358.8 billion as of May 31 from $367.1 billion at the end of April. Liquidity assets shrank to $136.1 billion from $140.4 billion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast