Legg Mason reports decrease in assets
BALTIMORE — Legg Mason Inc. said today that its assets under management fell 4 percent during the month of May to $657.9 billion from $685.3 billion at the close of April.
Legg Mason’s stock assets under management totaled $163 billion at the end of last month, down from $177.8 billion in the previous month. Stocks have been battered in recent weeks due to investor concerns that rising debt in Europe could derail the global economic recovery.
The asset manager, based in Baltimore, said fixed-income assets slipped to $358.8 billion as of May 31 from $367.1 billion at the end of April. Liquidity assets shrank to $136.1 billion from $140.4 billion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast