Legg Mason reports decrease in assets
BALTIMORE — Legg Mason Inc. said today that its assets under management fell 4 percent during the month of May to $657.9 billion from $685.3 billion at the close of April.
Legg Mason’s stock assets under management totaled $163 billion at the end of last month, down from $177.8 billion in the previous month. Stocks have been battered in recent weeks due to investor concerns that rising debt in Europe could derail the global economic recovery.
The asset manager, based in Baltimore, said fixed-income assets slipped to $358.8 billion as of May 31 from $367.1 billion at the end of April. Liquidity assets shrank to $136.1 billion from $140.4 billion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love