Legg Mason reports decrease in assets
BALTIMORE — Legg Mason Inc. said today that its assets under management fell 4 percent during the month of May to $657.9 billion from $685.3 billion at the close of April.
Legg Mason’s stock assets under management totaled $163 billion at the end of last month, down from $177.8 billion in the previous month. Stocks have been battered in recent weeks due to investor concerns that rising debt in Europe could derail the global economic recovery.
The asset manager, based in Baltimore, said fixed-income assets slipped to $358.8 billion as of May 31 from $367.1 billion at the end of April. Liquidity assets shrank to $136.1 billion from $140.4 billion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image