Supervisors ask AG for ruling on tax issue
GREENWOOD — Leflore County supervisors have asked the attorney general whether a home health agency owned by Sunflower County should have to pay property taxes in Leflore County.
Sandra Britt of the North Sunflower Medical Center in Ruleville asked the board June 7 for an exemption for North Sunflower Home Health Agency, which is owned by the hospital.
Britt says its office in Greenwood is an extension of the Sunflower County government and thus is exempt from property taxes.
Britt says 10 other counties the agency operates in give it an exemption. The agency’s tax bill is about $318 annually.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that board attorney Joyce Chiles told supervisors that she does not believe North Sunflower qualifies for an exemption.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist