Supervisors ask AG for ruling on tax issue
GREENWOOD — Leflore County supervisors have asked the attorney general whether a home health agency owned by Sunflower County should have to pay property taxes in Leflore County.
Sandra Britt of the North Sunflower Medical Center in Ruleville asked the board June 7 for an exemption for North Sunflower Home Health Agency, which is owned by the hospital.
Britt says its office in Greenwood is an extension of the Sunflower County government and thus is exempt from property taxes.
Britt says 10 other counties the agency operates in give it an exemption. The agency’s tax bill is about $318 annually.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that board attorney Joyce Chiles told supervisors that she does not believe North Sunflower qualifies for an exemption.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate