Supervisors ask AG for ruling on tax issue
GREENWOOD — Leflore County supervisors have asked the attorney general whether a home health agency owned by Sunflower County should have to pay property taxes in Leflore County.
Sandra Britt of the North Sunflower Medical Center in Ruleville asked the board June 7 for an exemption for North Sunflower Home Health Agency, which is owned by the hospital.
Britt says its office in Greenwood is an extension of the Sunflower County government and thus is exempt from property taxes.
Britt says 10 other counties the agency operates in give it an exemption. The agency’s tax bill is about $318 annually.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that board attorney Joyce Chiles told supervisors that she does not believe North Sunflower qualifies for an exemption.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Baker Donelson recognized
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Coyotes are wily predators and pests in Mississippi
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur