Supervisors ask AG for ruling on tax issue
GREENWOOD — Leflore County supervisors have asked the attorney general whether a home health agency owned by Sunflower County should have to pay property taxes in Leflore County.
Sandra Britt of the North Sunflower Medical Center in Ruleville asked the board June 7 for an exemption for North Sunflower Home Health Agency, which is owned by the hospital.
Britt says its office in Greenwood is an extension of the Sunflower County government and thus is exempt from property taxes.
Britt says 10 other counties the agency operates in give it an exemption. The agency’s tax bill is about $318 annually.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that board attorney Joyce Chiles told supervisors that she does not believe North Sunflower qualifies for an exemption.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- Bank welcomes Little
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history