Number of foreclosure notices decreases
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The number of Mississippi residents facing the potential loss of their homes is dropping.
That’s according to RealtyTrac, which tracks foreclosure notices nationwide.
Last month, there were 358 foreclosure-related actions in Mississippi. Those range from an initial notice of default to the actual loss and repossession of a residence by a lender.
That’s a drop of 17.5 percent in May 2009 and a 6.3 percent drop from April 2010.
But last month’s figures included 213 homeowners who lost their homes to a lender.
Mississippi ranked 47th nationwide in foreclosures.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Number of foreclosure notices decreases”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location