Number of foreclosure notices decreases
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The number of Mississippi residents facing the potential loss of their homes is dropping.
That’s according to RealtyTrac, which tracks foreclosure notices nationwide.
Last month, there were 358 foreclosure-related actions in Mississippi. Those range from an initial notice of default to the actual loss and repossession of a residence by a lender.
That’s a drop of 17.5 percent in May 2009 and a 6.3 percent drop from April 2010.
But last month’s figures included 213 homeowners who lost their homes to a lender.
Mississippi ranked 47th nationwide in foreclosures.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Number of foreclosure notices decreases”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State's corn crop could set new yield record
- Owner of former hospital given deadline