Number of foreclosure notices decreases
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The number of Mississippi residents facing the potential loss of their homes is dropping.
That’s according to RealtyTrac, which tracks foreclosure notices nationwide.
Last month, there were 358 foreclosure-related actions in Mississippi. Those range from an initial notice of default to the actual loss and repossession of a residence by a lender.
That’s a drop of 17.5 percent in May 2009 and a 6.3 percent drop from April 2010.
But last month’s figures included 213 homeowners who lost their homes to a lender.
Mississippi ranked 47th nationwide in foreclosures.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Number of foreclosure notices decreases”
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones