Number of foreclosure notices decreases
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The number of Mississippi residents facing the potential loss of their homes is dropping.
That’s according to RealtyTrac, which tracks foreclosure notices nationwide.
Last month, there were 358 foreclosure-related actions in Mississippi. Those range from an initial notice of default to the actual loss and repossession of a residence by a lender.
That’s a drop of 17.5 percent in May 2009 and a 6.3 percent drop from April 2010.
But last month’s figures included 213 homeowners who lost their homes to a lender.
Mississippi ranked 47th nationwide in foreclosures.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Number of foreclosure notices decreases”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager