Number of foreclosure notices decreases
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The number of Mississippi residents facing the potential loss of their homes is dropping.
That’s according to RealtyTrac, which tracks foreclosure notices nationwide.
Last month, there were 358 foreclosure-related actions in Mississippi. Those range from an initial notice of default to the actual loss and repossession of a residence by a lender.
That’s a drop of 17.5 percent in May 2009 and a 6.3 percent drop from April 2010.
But last month’s figures included 213 homeowners who lost their homes to a lender.
Mississippi ranked 47th nationwide in foreclosures.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Number of foreclosure notices decreases”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option