Wesley names Neuendorf as new chief executive
HATTIESBURG — Michael S. Neuendorf has recently been appointed CEO of Wesley Medical Center.
Neuendorf comes to Wesley from Foley, Ala., where he served as CEO of South Baldwin Regional Medical Center for the past three years. Before becoming the CEO at South Baldwin, he served there as the assistant CEO.
“My family and I are thrilled at the opportunities before us and look forward to becoming an integral part of the community,” said Neuendorf. “Wesley has a long-standing tradition of excellence, and I am committed to bringing passion and enthusiasm each and every day. I am eager to work with the Board, the medical staff, the employees and the community in every aspect, and my family and I are proud to now call Hattiesburg home.”
Prior to his tenure at South Baldwin, Neuendorf was the director of internal consulting at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Birmingham. He also worked with VHA Consulting Services and Northeast Alabama RMC.
Neuendorf served in the United States Army as a member of the Alabama and Georgia Army National Guard from 1992–2003 where he was a med-evac pilot, unit mobilization officer and unit weapons qualification officer. He received the Creighton W. Abrams Award for outstanding leadership and was a Distinguished Honor Graduate.
He earned his bachelor of science in industrial engineering from Georgia Institute of Technology and his master of science in health administration from the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
He and his wife, Amanda, have two children, Sellers and Gabe, and are expecting their third son, Beck, this July.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Nullification and interposition
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Commission eyeing unauthorized changes to historic structures
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district