Keeping Our Eye On: Darral Nail
by Don Smith
Published: June 13,2010
Education: B.S.B.A. in marketing, University of Southern Mississippi
Current Position: Business development manager, Gold Coast Commodities
If you’ve dined at a Mississippi restaurant recently, you were likely treated to some of the handiwork of Darral Nail, though you probably didn’t notice it. As business development manager for Gold Coast Commodities in Brandon, Nail is responsible for the grease disposal needs of many of the Magnolia State’s best-known eateries.
“Our service is unique in that it’s not something the average restaurant patron is even aware of, but a clean grease disposal area and a properly functioning grease trap are paramount on the wish list of those in the food service industry,” says Nail.
While such an industry might seem less than glamorous, Nail is quick to sing his company’s praises. “What drives me is the opportunity to grow our business by delivering an unrivaled level of customer service to a very under-served market.”
Nail also takes pride in Gold Coast’s commitment to recycling. Nearly 100 percent of the material collected is treated and returned to the marketplace in the form of finished products ranging from animal feedstock to industrial applications.
A lifelong sports fan, Nail experienced a high point this past year with his beloved New Orleans Saints’ Super Bowl win and his alma mater’s run to the College World Series. Nail is also a supporter of CARA and is currently involved in the Big Brother Big Sister program.
Must-have Mississippi food: Mexican Kitchen in Hattiesburg
Favorite Hangout: Buffalo Wild Wings
Favorite Television Show: “Modern Family”
Favorite Movie: “Closer”
Favorite Musical Artist: Counting Crows
Last Book Read: The Life of Pi
Best Role Model: Drew Brees, “The way that he almost single-handedly restored a sense of pride to the city of New Orleans and the entire Gulf South region is something that I will never forget”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending