Keeping Our Eye On: Darral Nail
by Don Smith
Published: June 13,2010
Education: B.S.B.A. in marketing, University of Southern Mississippi
Current Position: Business development manager, Gold Coast Commodities
If you’ve dined at a Mississippi restaurant recently, you were likely treated to some of the handiwork of Darral Nail, though you probably didn’t notice it. As business development manager for Gold Coast Commodities in Brandon, Nail is responsible for the grease disposal needs of many of the Magnolia State’s best-known eateries.
“Our service is unique in that it’s not something the average restaurant patron is even aware of, but a clean grease disposal area and a properly functioning grease trap are paramount on the wish list of those in the food service industry,” says Nail.
While such an industry might seem less than glamorous, Nail is quick to sing his company’s praises. “What drives me is the opportunity to grow our business by delivering an unrivaled level of customer service to a very under-served market.”
Nail also takes pride in Gold Coast’s commitment to recycling. Nearly 100 percent of the material collected is treated and returned to the marketplace in the form of finished products ranging from animal feedstock to industrial applications.
A lifelong sports fan, Nail experienced a high point this past year with his beloved New Orleans Saints’ Super Bowl win and his alma mater’s run to the College World Series. Nail is also a supporter of CARA and is currently involved in the Big Brother Big Sister program.
Must-have Mississippi food: Mexican Kitchen in Hattiesburg
Favorite Hangout: Buffalo Wild Wings
Favorite Television Show: “Modern Family”
Favorite Movie: “Closer”
Favorite Musical Artist: Counting Crows
Last Book Read: The Life of Pi
Best Role Model: Drew Brees, “The way that he almost single-handedly restored a sense of pride to the city of New Orleans and the entire Gulf South region is something that I will never forget”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money