MBA seats new board members
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 13,2010
Banker Joel C. Clements of Waynesboro has been elected chairman of the Mississippi Bankers Association for 2010-2011. Clements is chairman of the board, president and CEO of Waynesboro-based First State Bank.
Carl J. Chaney of Gulfport was elected vice chairman. He is president and CEO of Gulfport-based Hancock Bank.
The association’s new treasurer is H. Gregory Taylor of Holly Springs, who is chairman of the board, president and CEO of Merchants & Farmers Bank in Holly Springs.
Newly-elected members include: John Herrod Jr. of Okolona, who is president and chief operating officer of Bank of Okolona; George Shackelford of North Carrollton, who is president and CEO of Peoples Bank & Trust Company; James Threadgill of Tupelo, who is vice chairman at BancorpSouth; and, Cam Tyler of Water Valley, president and CEO of Mechanics Bank.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money