MBA seats new board members
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 13,2010
Banker Joel C. Clements of Waynesboro has been elected chairman of the Mississippi Bankers Association for 2010-2011. Clements is chairman of the board, president and CEO of Waynesboro-based First State Bank.
Carl J. Chaney of Gulfport was elected vice chairman. He is president and CEO of Gulfport-based Hancock Bank.
The association’s new treasurer is H. Gregory Taylor of Holly Springs, who is chairman of the board, president and CEO of Merchants & Farmers Bank in Holly Springs.
Newly-elected members include: John Herrod Jr. of Okolona, who is president and chief operating officer of Bank of Okolona; George Shackelford of North Carrollton, who is president and CEO of Peoples Bank & Trust Company; James Threadgill of Tupelo, who is vice chairman at BancorpSouth; and, Cam Tyler of Water Valley, president and CEO of Mechanics Bank.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win