MBA seats new board members
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 13,2010
Banker Joel C. Clements of Waynesboro has been elected chairman of the Mississippi Bankers Association for 2010-2011. Clements is chairman of the board, president and CEO of Waynesboro-based First State Bank.
Carl J. Chaney of Gulfport was elected vice chairman. He is president and CEO of Gulfport-based Hancock Bank.
The association’s new treasurer is H. Gregory Taylor of Holly Springs, who is chairman of the board, president and CEO of Merchants & Farmers Bank in Holly Springs.
Newly-elected members include: John Herrod Jr. of Okolona, who is president and chief operating officer of Bank of Okolona; George Shackelford of North Carrollton, who is president and CEO of Peoples Bank & Trust Company; James Threadgill of Tupelo, who is vice chairman at BancorpSouth; and, Cam Tyler of Water Valley, president and CEO of Mechanics Bank.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal