MBA seats new board members
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 13,2010
Banker Joel C. Clements of Waynesboro has been elected chairman of the Mississippi Bankers Association for 2010-2011. Clements is chairman of the board, president and CEO of Waynesboro-based First State Bank.
Carl J. Chaney of Gulfport was elected vice chairman. He is president and CEO of Gulfport-based Hancock Bank.
The association’s new treasurer is H. Gregory Taylor of Holly Springs, who is chairman of the board, president and CEO of Merchants & Farmers Bank in Holly Springs.
Newly-elected members include: John Herrod Jr. of Okolona, who is president and chief operating officer of Bank of Okolona; George Shackelford of North Carrollton, who is president and CEO of Peoples Bank & Trust Company; James Threadgill of Tupelo, who is vice chairman at BancorpSouth; and, Cam Tyler of Water Valley, president and CEO of Mechanics Bank.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Community Bank names new officers
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams