MBA seats new board members
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 13,2010
Banker Joel C. Clements of Waynesboro has been elected chairman of the Mississippi Bankers Association for 2010-2011. Clements is chairman of the board, president and CEO of Waynesboro-based First State Bank.
Carl J. Chaney of Gulfport was elected vice chairman. He is president and CEO of Gulfport-based Hancock Bank.
The association’s new treasurer is H. Gregory Taylor of Holly Springs, who is chairman of the board, president and CEO of Merchants & Farmers Bank in Holly Springs.
Newly-elected members include: John Herrod Jr. of Okolona, who is president and chief operating officer of Bank of Okolona; George Shackelford of North Carrollton, who is president and CEO of Peoples Bank & Trust Company; James Threadgill of Tupelo, who is vice chairman at BancorpSouth; and, Cam Tyler of Water Valley, president and CEO of Mechanics Bank.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues