McGrevey named president/COO
JBHM Education Group has named Michael J. McGrevey as president and COO. Mike Walters, Ed.D., founder and former president, becomes chairman and CEO of JBHM Education Group. Walters said that rapid growth of the 10-year-old company led to the selection of McGrevey, who resigned as vice president of finance and administration at Mississippi State University to accept the position.
Walters will focus on strategies for JBHM Education Group’s continued growth, including the development of new partnerships and service applications that benefit more students.
At Mississippi State, McGrevey managed or oversaw financial operations, institutional and campus planning, investments, procurement, human resources, facilities and business services. Prior to joining the university in 2006, he was president of The Montgomery Institute, a regional strategic think tank in Meridian, and was a former executive director of the Kemper County Economic Development Authority.
The Ocean Springs native returned to Mississippi in 2000 following retirement from the U.S. Air Force as a lieutenant colonel. As a financial officer for the military, he developed and implemented policies, systems, and controls for budgets up to $24 billion.
McGrevey and his wife, Ada, will reside on their farm in Decatur.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal