McGrevey named president/COO
JBHM Education Group has named Michael J. McGrevey as president and COO. Mike Walters, Ed.D., founder and former president, becomes chairman and CEO of JBHM Education Group. Walters said that rapid growth of the 10-year-old company led to the selection of McGrevey, who resigned as vice president of finance and administration at Mississippi State University to accept the position.
Walters will focus on strategies for JBHM Education Group’s continued growth, including the development of new partnerships and service applications that benefit more students.
At Mississippi State, McGrevey managed or oversaw financial operations, institutional and campus planning, investments, procurement, human resources, facilities and business services. Prior to joining the university in 2006, he was president of The Montgomery Institute, a regional strategic think tank in Meridian, and was a former executive director of the Kemper County Economic Development Authority.
The Ocean Springs native returned to Mississippi in 2000 following retirement from the U.S. Air Force as a lieutenant colonel. As a financial officer for the military, he developed and implemented policies, systems, and controls for budgets up to $24 billion.
McGrevey and his wife, Ada, will reside on their farm in Decatur.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014