Shelby earns top scholarship
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 13,2010
Anna Marsh Shelby is the 2009-2010 recipient of the Charles M. Scott scholarship awarded by Mississippi College and the Mississippi Counseling Association. It is the highest honor offered annually by the graduate programs of the Department of Psychology and Counseling.
Shelby received a B.A. in elementary education with a minor in English studies from Millsaps College in 2006, and obtained a master of education, magna cum laude, in 2007 from Mississippi College. In Jan. 2008, she began pursuing a master of science in marriage and family counseling in the Department of Psychology and Counseling.
A member of Psi Chi, Shelby has been working as a fifth-grade school teacher at Northshore Elementary School.
She is a board member of Community Animal Rescue and Adoption in Clinton and serves as a Sunday School teacher at St. James Episcopal Church in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil