Shelby earns top scholarship
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 13,2010
Anna Marsh Shelby is the 2009-2010 recipient of the Charles M. Scott scholarship awarded by Mississippi College and the Mississippi Counseling Association. It is the highest honor offered annually by the graduate programs of the Department of Psychology and Counseling.
Shelby received a B.A. in elementary education with a minor in English studies from Millsaps College in 2006, and obtained a master of education, magna cum laude, in 2007 from Mississippi College. In Jan. 2008, she began pursuing a master of science in marriage and family counseling in the Department of Psychology and Counseling.
A member of Psi Chi, Shelby has been working as a fifth-grade school teacher at Northshore Elementary School.
She is a board member of Community Animal Rescue and Adoption in Clinton and serves as a Sunday School teacher at St. James Episcopal Church in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet