Shelby earns top scholarship
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 13,2010
Anna Marsh Shelby is the 2009-2010 recipient of the Charles M. Scott scholarship awarded by Mississippi College and the Mississippi Counseling Association. It is the highest honor offered annually by the graduate programs of the Department of Psychology and Counseling.
Shelby received a B.A. in elementary education with a minor in English studies from Millsaps College in 2006, and obtained a master of education, magna cum laude, in 2007 from Mississippi College. In Jan. 2008, she began pursuing a master of science in marriage and family counseling in the Department of Psychology and Counseling.
A member of Psi Chi, Shelby has been working as a fifth-grade school teacher at Northshore Elementary School.
She is a board member of Community Animal Rescue and Adoption in Clinton and serves as a Sunday School teacher at St. James Episcopal Church in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Friday at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015