Shelby earns top scholarship
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 13,2010
Anna Marsh Shelby is the 2009-2010 recipient of the Charles M. Scott scholarship awarded by Mississippi College and the Mississippi Counseling Association. It is the highest honor offered annually by the graduate programs of the Department of Psychology and Counseling.
Shelby received a B.A. in elementary education with a minor in English studies from Millsaps College in 2006, and obtained a master of education, magna cum laude, in 2007 from Mississippi College. In Jan. 2008, she began pursuing a master of science in marriage and family counseling in the Department of Psychology and Counseling.
A member of Psi Chi, Shelby has been working as a fifth-grade school teacher at Northshore Elementary School.
She is a board member of Community Animal Rescue and Adoption in Clinton and serves as a Sunday School teacher at St. James Episcopal Church in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal