Shelby earns top scholarship
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 13,2010
Anna Marsh Shelby is the 2009-2010 recipient of the Charles M. Scott scholarship awarded by Mississippi College and the Mississippi Counseling Association. It is the highest honor offered annually by the graduate programs of the Department of Psychology and Counseling.
Shelby received a B.A. in elementary education with a minor in English studies from Millsaps College in 2006, and obtained a master of education, magna cum laude, in 2007 from Mississippi College. In Jan. 2008, she began pursuing a master of science in marriage and family counseling in the Department of Psychology and Counseling.
A member of Psi Chi, Shelby has been working as a fifth-grade school teacher at Northshore Elementary School.
She is a board member of Community Animal Rescue and Adoption in Clinton and serves as a Sunday School teacher at St. James Episcopal Church in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Stacey Pickering wins Patriot Award
- Officials hoping quail numbers will rebound