Wesley gets new executives
Jim Young has been named CFO for Wesley Medical Center. Since 2008, Young was responsible for all accounting and financial functions along with oversight of health information management, case management, hospital compliance, purchasing, information systems and the business office at Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center in Amory.
Young earned his bachelor of business administration in accounting from Delta State University and began his career with Young, Parkerson & Co., CPA in Greenville. He began his work in the medical field in 2000 with The Greenville Clinic where he was CFO. Over the next eight years Young served as CFO at Alliance Healthcare System in Holly Springs, McNairy Regional Hospital in Selmer, Tenn., Harris Hospital in Newport, Ark., Southwest Regional Medical Center in Little Rock, Ark., and Carolina Pines Regional Medical Center in Hartsville, SC.
Young and his wife, the former Susan Brewer, are natives of Greenville. He has five children; Megan, 15; Burland, 12; Brewer, 10; Blair, 8 and Brock, 3.
In a separate item, Sean Johnson was recently named vice president of physician practices at Wesley. Johnson comes to Wesley from Quitman County Hospital in Marks where he served since 2004 as CEO.
Prior to serving in this position, he was business developer/senior account manager with Brentwood Behavioral Healthcare of Mississippi in Jackson, and from 2000-2002 Johnson was the director of business development with Southern Bone and Joint Specialists in Hattiesburg.
Johnson earned a bachelor of public administration at the University of Mississippi and his masters of public health administration at the University of Southern Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy