Wesley gets new executives
Jim Young has been named CFO for Wesley Medical Center. Since 2008, Young was responsible for all accounting and financial functions along with oversight of health information management, case management, hospital compliance, purchasing, information systems and the business office at Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center in Amory.
Young earned his bachelor of business administration in accounting from Delta State University and began his career with Young, Parkerson & Co., CPA in Greenville. He began his work in the medical field in 2000 with The Greenville Clinic where he was CFO. Over the next eight years Young served as CFO at Alliance Healthcare System in Holly Springs, McNairy Regional Hospital in Selmer, Tenn., Harris Hospital in Newport, Ark., Southwest Regional Medical Center in Little Rock, Ark., and Carolina Pines Regional Medical Center in Hartsville, SC.
Young and his wife, the former Susan Brewer, are natives of Greenville. He has five children; Megan, 15; Burland, 12; Brewer, 10; Blair, 8 and Brock, 3.
In a separate item, Sean Johnson was recently named vice president of physician practices at Wesley. Johnson comes to Wesley from Quitman County Hospital in Marks where he served since 2004 as CEO.
Prior to serving in this position, he was business developer/senior account manager with Brentwood Behavioral Healthcare of Mississippi in Jackson, and from 2000-2002 Johnson was the director of business development with Southern Bone and Joint Specialists in Hattiesburg.
Johnson earned a bachelor of public administration at the University of Mississippi and his masters of public health administration at the University of Southern Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice