City to celebrate impact of La-Z-Boy South
NEWTON — On June 16, the City of Newton will gather to celebrate a five-decade contribution that has affected millions of Americans.
La-Z-Boy South, the manufacturing plant located in Newton, will celebrate 50 years of production. La-Z-Boy local employees and company leadership will be joined by Newton Mayor David Carr and Gov. Haley Barbour as well as members of the Newton community to honor the plant’s long and esteemed history of producing La-Z-Boy furniture.
“Congratulations to La-Z-Boy South and all of its employees for a very successful half-century of production,” said Kurt Darrow, CEO of Monroe, Mich.-based La-Z-Boy. “Without question, La-Z-Boy would not be as successful if not for the hard work and talent of the Newton employees. These men and women should be proud of their role in the La-Z-Boy family.”
“This celebration is a very proud moment for La-Z-Boy South employees as well as the City of Newton,” said Don Mather, plant manager of La-Z-Boy South. “As we commemorate the 50th anniversary of producing our first recliner, we remember the many ways we’ve influenced our town, the company and the nation. This plant’s presence has created stability and opportunity for our city’s economy, and we are honored to be a piece of the La-Z-Boy success story.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders