City to celebrate impact of La-Z-Boy South
NEWTON — On June 16, the City of Newton will gather to celebrate a five-decade contribution that has affected millions of Americans.
La-Z-Boy South, the manufacturing plant located in Newton, will celebrate 50 years of production. La-Z-Boy local employees and company leadership will be joined by Newton Mayor David Carr and Gov. Haley Barbour as well as members of the Newton community to honor the plant’s long and esteemed history of producing La-Z-Boy furniture.
“Congratulations to La-Z-Boy South and all of its employees for a very successful half-century of production,” said Kurt Darrow, CEO of Monroe, Mich.-based La-Z-Boy. “Without question, La-Z-Boy would not be as successful if not for the hard work and talent of the Newton employees. These men and women should be proud of their role in the La-Z-Boy family.”
“This celebration is a very proud moment for La-Z-Boy South employees as well as the City of Newton,” said Don Mather, plant manager of La-Z-Boy South. “As we commemorate the 50th anniversary of producing our first recliner, we remember the many ways we’ve influenced our town, the company and the nation. This plant’s presence has created stability and opportunity for our city’s economy, and we are honored to be a piece of the La-Z-Boy success story.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location