Sardis project should get the go-ahead
Sardis Lake is one of four reservoirs built in Northeast Mississippi as a flood control mechanism.
And it will continue to do just that. There should be no worries as to flooding the Delta with all the runoff systems in place along with the endless efforts and man hours the corps of engineers have spent to reinforce all the dams and flood gates over the past 20 years. The Mississippi Delta and its people are more secure now than ever.
Voting on the Sardis condo project would be a hands down go ahead by the people. I would say progress is in order — a 300-unit condo hotel lodge, conference center, retail village, 1,600 single-family residential units, a 36-hole golf course, indoor water park and hotel, marina and other amenities all built on a total of 2,064 acres is a big hit. This could be just what North Mississippi has needed to balance the downed job market.
Bringing in new business is always a plus — it builds the hopes of the people and makes everyone happy. Not to mention over the years Sardis Lake has seen a 30 percent drop in Memphis visitors … The good people of North Mississippi need some fun and excitement and new development will bring about just the change they have all been looking for.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal