Sardis project should get the go-ahead
Sardis Lake is one of four reservoirs built in Northeast Mississippi as a flood control mechanism.
And it will continue to do just that. There should be no worries as to flooding the Delta with all the runoff systems in place along with the endless efforts and man hours the corps of engineers have spent to reinforce all the dams and flood gates over the past 20 years. The Mississippi Delta and its people are more secure now than ever.
Voting on the Sardis condo project would be a hands down go ahead by the people. I would say progress is in order — a 300-unit condo hotel lodge, conference center, retail village, 1,600 single-family residential units, a 36-hole golf course, indoor water park and hotel, marina and other amenities all built on a total of 2,064 acres is a big hit. This could be just what North Mississippi has needed to balance the downed job market.
Bringing in new business is always a plus — it builds the hopes of the people and makes everyone happy. Not to mention over the years Sardis Lake has seen a 30 percent drop in Memphis visitors … The good people of North Mississippi need some fun and excitement and new development will bring about just the change they have all been looking for.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year