Schools’ staff to receive furloughs
PONTOTOC — Pontotoc County school officials say they will save $150,000 by furloughing staff for three days beginning in January.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that the school board has scheduled unpaid furlough days for Jan. 3, Feb. 21 and May 23 — all in the second semester.
Superintendent Ken Roye says not only teachers but secretaries, custodians, assistant teachers, and everyone employed in the cafeteria are included.
Roye says the furloughs were necessary due to budget cuts and constraints in the upcoming school year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs