Schools’ staff to receive furloughs
PONTOTOC — Pontotoc County school officials say they will save $150,000 by furloughing staff for three days beginning in January.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that the school board has scheduled unpaid furlough days for Jan. 3, Feb. 21 and May 23 — all in the second semester.
Superintendent Ken Roye says not only teachers but secretaries, custodians, assistant teachers, and everyone employed in the cafeteria are included.
Roye says the furloughs were necessary due to budget cuts and constraints in the upcoming school year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip