Schools’ staff to receive furloughs
PONTOTOC — Pontotoc County school officials say they will save $150,000 by furloughing staff for three days beginning in January.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that the school board has scheduled unpaid furlough days for Jan. 3, Feb. 21 and May 23 — all in the second semester.
Superintendent Ken Roye says not only teachers but secretaries, custodians, assistant teachers, and everyone employed in the cafeteria are included.
Roye says the furloughs were necessary due to budget cuts and constraints in the upcoming school year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators