Schools’ staff to receive furloughs
PONTOTOC — Pontotoc County school officials say they will save $150,000 by furloughing staff for three days beginning in January.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that the school board has scheduled unpaid furlough days for Jan. 3, Feb. 21 and May 23 — all in the second semester.
Superintendent Ken Roye says not only teachers but secretaries, custodians, assistant teachers, and everyone employed in the cafeteria are included.
Roye says the furloughs were necessary due to budget cuts and constraints in the upcoming school year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil