Schools’ staff to receive furloughs
PONTOTOC — Pontotoc County school officials say they will save $150,000 by furloughing staff for three days beginning in January.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that the school board has scheduled unpaid furlough days for Jan. 3, Feb. 21 and May 23 — all in the second semester.
Superintendent Ken Roye says not only teachers but secretaries, custodians, assistant teachers, and everyone employed in the cafeteria are included.
Roye says the furloughs were necessary due to budget cuts and constraints in the upcoming school year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015