Town receives wastewater grant from EDA
Published: June 14,2010
MONTICELLO — Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) reported that the Economic Development Administration (EDA) has approved a $345,180 grant to the Town of Monticello to upgrade the community’s wastewater infrastructure.
The EDA Disaster Recovery Project funding will go toward a $690,360 project to improve the Monticello wastewater infrastructure to prevent overflows and backups that occur after heavy rainstorms and severe weather situations such as Hurricane Gustav in 2008.
According to the EDA, the upgrades will complement transportation improvements connecting Monticello to “nearby economic growth centers and lead to diversification and growth of the regional economy.”
This funding derives from funding approved by Congress for the EDA in the FY2010 Commerce, Justice and Science Appropriations Bill.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter