Town receives wastewater grant from EDA
by Associated Press
Published: June 14,2010
MONTICELLO — Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) reported that the Economic Development Administration (EDA) has approved a $345,180 grant to the Town of Monticello to upgrade the community’s wastewater infrastructure.
The EDA Disaster Recovery Project funding will go toward a $690,360 project to improve the Monticello wastewater infrastructure to prevent overflows and backups that occur after heavy rainstorms and severe weather situations such as Hurricane Gustav in 2008.
According to the EDA, the upgrades will complement transportation improvements connecting Monticello to “nearby economic growth centers and lead to diversification and growth of the regional economy.”
This funding derives from funding approved by Congress for the EDA in the FY2010 Commerce, Justice and Science Appropriations Bill.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue