Town receives wastewater grant from EDA
by Associated Press
Published: June 14,2010
MONTICELLO — Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) reported that the Economic Development Administration (EDA) has approved a $345,180 grant to the Town of Monticello to upgrade the community’s wastewater infrastructure.
The EDA Disaster Recovery Project funding will go toward a $690,360 project to improve the Monticello wastewater infrastructure to prevent overflows and backups that occur after heavy rainstorms and severe weather situations such as Hurricane Gustav in 2008.
According to the EDA, the upgrades will complement transportation improvements connecting Monticello to “nearby economic growth centers and lead to diversification and growth of the regional economy.”
This funding derives from funding approved by Congress for the EDA in the FY2010 Commerce, Justice and Science Appropriations Bill.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones