Town receives wastewater grant from EDA
Published: June 14,2010
MONTICELLO — Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) reported that the Economic Development Administration (EDA) has approved a $345,180 grant to the Town of Monticello to upgrade the community’s wastewater infrastructure.
The EDA Disaster Recovery Project funding will go toward a $690,360 project to improve the Monticello wastewater infrastructure to prevent overflows and backups that occur after heavy rainstorms and severe weather situations such as Hurricane Gustav in 2008.
According to the EDA, the upgrades will complement transportation improvements connecting Monticello to “nearby economic growth centers and lead to diversification and growth of the regional economy.”
This funding derives from funding approved by Congress for the EDA in the FY2010 Commerce, Justice and Science Appropriations Bill.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions