Town receives wastewater grant from EDA
Published: June 14,2010
MONTICELLO — Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) reported that the Economic Development Administration (EDA) has approved a $345,180 grant to the Town of Monticello to upgrade the community’s wastewater infrastructure.
The EDA Disaster Recovery Project funding will go toward a $690,360 project to improve the Monticello wastewater infrastructure to prevent overflows and backups that occur after heavy rainstorms and severe weather situations such as Hurricane Gustav in 2008.
According to the EDA, the upgrades will complement transportation improvements connecting Monticello to “nearby economic growth centers and lead to diversification and growth of the regional economy.”
This funding derives from funding approved by Congress for the EDA in the FY2010 Commerce, Justice and Science Appropriations Bill.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41