Obama names oil spill commissioners
by Associated Press
Published: June 15,2010
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama has named the final five members to an independent commission he created to investigate the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
Obama previously named Bob Graham, a former Florida governor and senator, and William K. Reilly, a former Environmental Protection Agency administrator.
The final five members are: Frances Beinecke, president of the Natural Resources Defense Council; Donald Boesch, president of the University of Maryland’s Center for Environmental Science; Terry Garcia, a National Geographic Society executive; Cherry Murray, dean of Harvard’s engineering school; and, Frances Ulmer, chancellor of the University of Alaska Anchorage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability