Obama names oil spill commissioners
Published: June 15,2010
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama has named the final five members to an independent commission he created to investigate the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
Obama previously named Bob Graham, a former Florida governor and senator, and William K. Reilly, a former Environmental Protection Agency administrator.
The final five members are: Frances Beinecke, president of the Natural Resources Defense Council; Donald Boesch, president of the University of Maryland’s Center for Environmental Science; Terry Garcia, a National Geographic Society executive; Cherry Murray, dean of Harvard’s engineering school; and, Frances Ulmer, chancellor of the University of Alaska Anchorage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62