Obama names oil spill commissioners
Published: June 15,2010
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama has named the final five members to an independent commission he created to investigate the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
Obama previously named Bob Graham, a former Florida governor and senator, and William K. Reilly, a former Environmental Protection Agency administrator.
The final five members are: Frances Beinecke, president of the Natural Resources Defense Council; Donald Boesch, president of the University of Maryland’s Center for Environmental Science; Terry Garcia, a National Geographic Society executive; Cherry Murray, dean of Harvard’s engineering school; and, Frances Ulmer, chancellor of the University of Alaska Anchorage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion