Obama names oil spill commissioners
Published: June 15,2010
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama has named the final five members to an independent commission he created to investigate the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
Obama previously named Bob Graham, a former Florida governor and senator, and William K. Reilly, a former Environmental Protection Agency administrator.
The final five members are: Frances Beinecke, president of the Natural Resources Defense Council; Donald Boesch, president of the University of Maryland’s Center for Environmental Science; Terry Garcia, a National Geographic Society executive; Cherry Murray, dean of Harvard’s engineering school; and, Frances Ulmer, chancellor of the University of Alaska Anchorage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money