Obama names oil spill commissioners
Published: June 15,2010
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama has named the final five members to an independent commission he created to investigate the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
Obama previously named Bob Graham, a former Florida governor and senator, and William K. Reilly, a former Environmental Protection Agency administrator.
The final five members are: Frances Beinecke, president of the Natural Resources Defense Council; Donald Boesch, president of the University of Maryland’s Center for Environmental Science; Terry Garcia, a National Geographic Society executive; Cherry Murray, dean of Harvard’s engineering school; and, Frances Ulmer, chancellor of the University of Alaska Anchorage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics