Obama names oil spill commissioners
Published: June 15,2010
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama has named the final five members to an independent commission he created to investigate the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
Obama previously named Bob Graham, a former Florida governor and senator, and William K. Reilly, a former Environmental Protection Agency administrator.
The final five members are: Frances Beinecke, president of the Natural Resources Defense Council; Donald Boesch, president of the University of Maryland’s Center for Environmental Science; Terry Garcia, a National Geographic Society executive; Cherry Murray, dean of Harvard’s engineering school; and, Frances Ulmer, chancellor of the University of Alaska Anchorage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Education leaders applying for $15M in grants for pre-kindergarten program