Obama names oil spill commissioners
Published: June 15,2010
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama has named the final five members to an independent commission he created to investigate the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
Obama previously named Bob Graham, a former Florida governor and senator, and William K. Reilly, a former Environmental Protection Agency administrator.
The final five members are: Frances Beinecke, president of the Natural Resources Defense Council; Donald Boesch, president of the University of Maryland’s Center for Environmental Science; Terry Garcia, a National Geographic Society executive; Cherry Murray, dean of Harvard’s engineering school; and, Frances Ulmer, chancellor of the University of Alaska Anchorage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)