Obama names oil spill commissioners
Published: June 15,2010
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama has named the final five members to an independent commission he created to investigate the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
Obama previously named Bob Graham, a former Florida governor and senator, and William K. Reilly, a former Environmental Protection Agency administrator.
The final five members are: Frances Beinecke, president of the Natural Resources Defense Council; Donald Boesch, president of the University of Maryland’s Center for Environmental Science; Terry Garcia, a National Geographic Society executive; Cherry Murray, dean of Harvard’s engineering school; and, Frances Ulmer, chancellor of the University of Alaska Anchorage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders