Obama names oil spill commissioners
Published: June 15,2010
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama has named the final five members to an independent commission he created to investigate the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
Obama previously named Bob Graham, a former Florida governor and senator, and William K. Reilly, a former Environmental Protection Agency administrator.
The final five members are: Frances Beinecke, president of the Natural Resources Defense Council; Donald Boesch, president of the University of Maryland’s Center for Environmental Science; Terry Garcia, a National Geographic Society executive; Cherry Murray, dean of Harvard’s engineering school; and, Frances Ulmer, chancellor of the University of Alaska Anchorage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL