Ramey Foundation endowing scholarships
by Wally Northway
Published: June 15,2010
JACKSON — The Tommy Ramey Foundation will endow scholarships at three Mississippi universities totaling $1 million, with the goal of educating and inspiring the state’s next generation of marketing and culinary professionals.
The gifts to the University of Mississippi, Mississippi State University and Jackson State University will be formally announced this week.
The Jackson-based foundation was established to honor Tommy Ramey, founder and former CEO of The Ramey Agency. After he passed away in 1999, Ramey’s friends, family and colleagues launched The Tommy Ramey Foundation to provide scholarships to Mississippi students in the fields of marketing communications and culinary arts, two of Ramey’s passions.
“We are delighted that these gifts will permanently endow Tommy Ramey Scholarships at Jackson State, Mississippi State and Ole Miss,” said Bill Ray, CEO of BankPlus and chairman of The Tommy Ramey Foundation. “Tommy always had an interest in seeing Mississippi students succeed and we are pleased to help these scholarship recipients reach their educational and career goals”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Ramey Foundation endowing scholarships”
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- John Fletcher joins Jones Walker