Ramey Foundation endowing scholarships
Published: June 15,2010
JACKSON — The Tommy Ramey Foundation will endow scholarships at three Mississippi universities totaling $1 million, with the goal of educating and inspiring the state’s next generation of marketing and culinary professionals.
The gifts to the University of Mississippi, Mississippi State University and Jackson State University will be formally announced this week.
The Jackson-based foundation was established to honor Tommy Ramey, founder and former CEO of The Ramey Agency. After he passed away in 1999, Ramey’s friends, family and colleagues launched The Tommy Ramey Foundation to provide scholarships to Mississippi students in the fields of marketing communications and culinary arts, two of Ramey’s passions.
“We are delighted that these gifts will permanently endow Tommy Ramey Scholarships at Jackson State, Mississippi State and Ole Miss,” said Bill Ray, CEO of BankPlus and chairman of The Tommy Ramey Foundation. “Tommy always had an interest in seeing Mississippi students succeed and we are pleased to help these scholarship recipients reach their educational and career goals”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Ramey Foundation endowing scholarships”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- BLAKE WILSON: Danny Mitchell was a remarkable business leader, a better friend
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block