Ramey Foundation endowing scholarships
Published: June 15,2010
JACKSON — The Tommy Ramey Foundation will endow scholarships at three Mississippi universities totaling $1 million, with the goal of educating and inspiring the state’s next generation of marketing and culinary professionals.
The gifts to the University of Mississippi, Mississippi State University and Jackson State University will be formally announced this week.
The Jackson-based foundation was established to honor Tommy Ramey, founder and former CEO of The Ramey Agency. After he passed away in 1999, Ramey’s friends, family and colleagues launched The Tommy Ramey Foundation to provide scholarships to Mississippi students in the fields of marketing communications and culinary arts, two of Ramey’s passions.
“We are delighted that these gifts will permanently endow Tommy Ramey Scholarships at Jackson State, Mississippi State and Ole Miss,” said Bill Ray, CEO of BankPlus and chairman of The Tommy Ramey Foundation. “Tommy always had an interest in seeing Mississippi students succeed and we are pleased to help these scholarship recipients reach their educational and career goals”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Ramey Foundation endowing scholarships”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation