Ramey Foundation endowing scholarships
Published: June 15,2010
JACKSON — The Tommy Ramey Foundation will endow scholarships at three Mississippi universities totaling $1 million, with the goal of educating and inspiring the state’s next generation of marketing and culinary professionals.
The gifts to the University of Mississippi, Mississippi State University and Jackson State University will be formally announced this week.
The Jackson-based foundation was established to honor Tommy Ramey, founder and former CEO of The Ramey Agency. After he passed away in 1999, Ramey’s friends, family and colleagues launched The Tommy Ramey Foundation to provide scholarships to Mississippi students in the fields of marketing communications and culinary arts, two of Ramey’s passions.
“We are delighted that these gifts will permanently endow Tommy Ramey Scholarships at Jackson State, Mississippi State and Ole Miss,” said Bill Ray, CEO of BankPlus and chairman of The Tommy Ramey Foundation. “Tommy always had an interest in seeing Mississippi students succeed and we are pleased to help these scholarship recipients reach their educational and career goals”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Ramey Foundation endowing scholarships”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015