Audit finds contractor overbilled TVA
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — An audit shows the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) was overbilled $683,000 by a contractor who provided engineering services.
An online summary of the audit by the TVA Office of Inspector General recommends that TVA try to recover the overbilling and excessive costs under two contracts between October 2004 and December 2008.
A TVA inspector general’s office spokeswoman has said contractors in such cases are not disclosed.
The summary shows the contractor disagrees with the findings.
TVA did not have any immediate comment yesterday about the audit.
The report says TVA was billed $558,000 in ineligible and excessive temporary living costs and unauthorized mileage.
The overbilling was part of almost $62 million billed in the contracts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years