Audit finds contractor overbilled TVA
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — An audit shows the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) was overbilled $683,000 by a contractor who provided engineering services.
An online summary of the audit by the TVA Office of Inspector General recommends that TVA try to recover the overbilling and excessive costs under two contracts between October 2004 and December 2008.
A TVA inspector general’s office spokeswoman has said contractors in such cases are not disclosed.
The summary shows the contractor disagrees with the findings.
TVA did not have any immediate comment yesterday about the audit.
The report says TVA was billed $558,000 in ineligible and excessive temporary living costs and unauthorized mileage.
The overbilling was part of almost $62 million billed in the contracts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State