Audit finds contractor overbilled TVA
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — An audit shows the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) was overbilled $683,000 by a contractor who provided engineering services.
An online summary of the audit by the TVA Office of Inspector General recommends that TVA try to recover the overbilling and excessive costs under two contracts between October 2004 and December 2008.
A TVA inspector general’s office spokeswoman has said contractors in such cases are not disclosed.
The summary shows the contractor disagrees with the findings.
TVA did not have any immediate comment yesterday about the audit.
The report says TVA was billed $558,000 in ineligible and excessive temporary living costs and unauthorized mileage.
The overbilling was part of almost $62 million billed in the contracts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal