Audit finds contractor overbilled TVA
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — An audit shows the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) was overbilled $683,000 by a contractor who provided engineering services.
An online summary of the audit by the TVA Office of Inspector General recommends that TVA try to recover the overbilling and excessive costs under two contracts between October 2004 and December 2008.
A TVA inspector general’s office spokeswoman has said contractors in such cases are not disclosed.
The summary shows the contractor disagrees with the findings.
TVA did not have any immediate comment yesterday about the audit.
The report says TVA was billed $558,000 in ineligible and excessive temporary living costs and unauthorized mileage.
The overbilling was part of almost $62 million billed in the contracts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Digital Editions - magazines