Audit finds contractor overbilled TVA
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — An audit shows the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) was overbilled $683,000 by a contractor who provided engineering services.
An online summary of the audit by the TVA Office of Inspector General recommends that TVA try to recover the overbilling and excessive costs under two contracts between October 2004 and December 2008.
A TVA inspector general’s office spokeswoman has said contractors in such cases are not disclosed.
The summary shows the contractor disagrees with the findings.
TVA did not have any immediate comment yesterday about the audit.
The report says TVA was billed $558,000 in ineligible and excessive temporary living costs and unauthorized mileage.
The overbilling was part of almost $62 million billed in the contracts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years