Supervisors oppose development at Sardis
by Associated Press
Published: June 16,2010
GREENWOOD — Leflore County supervisors say flood control is the reason they oppose plans for a destination resort at Sardis Lake.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that the proposed resort would include a 300-unit condo hotel lodge, conference center, retail village, 1,600 single-family residential units, a 36-hole golf course, a marina and other amenities.
Supervisors also voted this week to ask someone — maybe from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers — to a meeting to discuss the plans.
Sardis Lake is one of four reservoirs built in North Mississippi for flood control.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster