Supervisors oppose development at Sardis
Published: June 16,2010
GREENWOOD — Leflore County supervisors say flood control is the reason they oppose plans for a destination resort at Sardis Lake.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that the proposed resort would include a 300-unit condo hotel lodge, conference center, retail village, 1,600 single-family residential units, a 36-hole golf course, a marina and other amenities.
Supervisors also voted this week to ask someone — maybe from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers — to a meeting to discuss the plans.
Sardis Lake is one of four reservoirs built in North Mississippi for flood control.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters