Supervisors oppose development at Sardis
Published: June 16,2010
GREENWOOD — Leflore County supervisors say flood control is the reason they oppose plans for a destination resort at Sardis Lake.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that the proposed resort would include a 300-unit condo hotel lodge, conference center, retail village, 1,600 single-family residential units, a 36-hole golf course, a marina and other amenities.
Supervisors also voted this week to ask someone — maybe from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers — to a meeting to discuss the plans.
Sardis Lake is one of four reservoirs built in North Mississippi for flood control.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19