Supervisors oppose development at Sardis
by Associated Press
Published: June 16,2010
GREENWOOD — Leflore County supervisors say flood control is the reason they oppose plans for a destination resort at Sardis Lake.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that the proposed resort would include a 300-unit condo hotel lodge, conference center, retail village, 1,600 single-family residential units, a 36-hole golf course, a marina and other amenities.
Supervisors also voted this week to ask someone — maybe from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers — to a meeting to discuss the plans.
Sardis Lake is one of four reservoirs built in North Mississippi for flood control.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years