Supervisors oppose development at Sardis
Published: June 16,2010
GREENWOOD — Leflore County supervisors say flood control is the reason they oppose plans for a destination resort at Sardis Lake.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that the proposed resort would include a 300-unit condo hotel lodge, conference center, retail village, 1,600 single-family residential units, a 36-hole golf course, a marina and other amenities.
Supervisors also voted this week to ask someone — maybe from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers — to a meeting to discuss the plans.
Sardis Lake is one of four reservoirs built in North Mississippi for flood control.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win