Supervisors oppose development at Sardis
Published: June 16,2010
GREENWOOD — Leflore County supervisors say flood control is the reason they oppose plans for a destination resort at Sardis Lake.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that the proposed resort would include a 300-unit condo hotel lodge, conference center, retail village, 1,600 single-family residential units, a 36-hole golf course, a marina and other amenities.
Supervisors also voted this week to ask someone — maybe from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers — to a meeting to discuss the plans.
Sardis Lake is one of four reservoirs built in North Mississippi for flood control.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money