TVA raises rates again as fuel costs increase
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) is raising rates for a fifth straight month due to higher fuel costs, adding up to $4 a month for residential customers.
Compared to June, the July fuel cost adjustment will increase monthly residential bills between $1.50 and $4, depending on usage.
The utility said in an online statement that the higher rate also reflects projected increased generation to meet summer demand.
TVA has nearly nine million consumers in Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Kentucky, Georgia, North Carolina and Virginia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money