BancorpSouth launches new business initiative
by Wally Northway
Published: June 17,2010
TUPELO — BancorpSouth Bank has increased its focus on small- to mid-sized businesses throughout its eight-state market area.
The initiatives include a focus on proactively assisting small- to mid-sized companies through special needs analysis, state of the industry products and services and special incentives, supported by a range of sales and marketing activities. The bank’s initiative is designed to help assist small businesses in better managing their cash flow, saving them time and maximizing their bottom line.
Gordon Lewis, BancorpSouth vice chairman for community banking, said, “Our small business focus is important due to the large number of small businesses and entrepreneurs who are bearing much of the brunt of the national economic downturn. In these times it is important, often critical, for a small business to establish a close relationship with their banker. BancorpSouth’s emphasis on personal service and local decision-making is a major advantage our bank offers to small businesses.”
Among the incentives, BancorpSouth continues to offer its next-day credit to small businesses that open a merchant services account with their bank, along with a limited time offer of up to $200 of free processing services on credit card purchases.
Free small business checking accounts, combined with free personal checking for business owners and their employees, are part of the BancorpSouth small business package, along with free Internet banking with bill pay, mobile banking, Treasury Management services, business loans and lines of credit for qualifying clients.
As a special incentive to small business owners, for a limited time, BancorpSouth is offering a $100 cash incentive to small business owners who transfer their small business checking account to BancorpSouth. As a plus, if they transfer their personal checking account to BancorpSouth, they are eligible to receive an additional $50 cash incentive.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “BancorpSouth launches new business initiative”
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route