MDOT to hold hearing on highway bypass
COLUMBUS — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has scheduled an open forum public hearing to discuss a proposed bypass at U.S. 45 in Columbus.
The hearing will take place from 4 p.m. until7 p.m. June 17 at the James M. Trotter Convention Center in Columbus.
Citizens are invited to come and go as they please during the hours of the hearing to view the department’s alternatives and to speak to MDOT representatives concerning design, right-of-way acquisition, and environmental issues. Citizens are encouraged to make written and/or taped comments that will become part of the hearing’s permanent record.
A preliminary environmental assessment document will be available for public inspection at the Mississippi Department of Transportation Administrative Office Building in Jackson, the MDOT First District Office in Tupelo, the Lowndes County Courthouse in Columbus, Columbus City Hall, the Columbus/Lowndes County Public Library in Columbus and the Federal Highway Administration in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics