MDOT to hold hearing on highway bypass
COLUMBUS — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has scheduled an open forum public hearing to discuss a proposed bypass at U.S. 45 in Columbus.
The hearing will take place from 4 p.m. until7 p.m. June 17 at the James M. Trotter Convention Center in Columbus.
Citizens are invited to come and go as they please during the hours of the hearing to view the department’s alternatives and to speak to MDOT representatives concerning design, right-of-way acquisition, and environmental issues. Citizens are encouraged to make written and/or taped comments that will become part of the hearing’s permanent record.
A preliminary environmental assessment document will be available for public inspection at the Mississippi Department of Transportation Administrative Office Building in Jackson, the MDOT First District Office in Tupelo, the Lowndes County Courthouse in Columbus, Columbus City Hall, the Columbus/Lowndes County Public Library in Columbus and the Federal Highway Administration in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility