MDOT to hold hearing on highway bypass
COLUMBUS — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has scheduled an open forum public hearing to discuss a proposed bypass at U.S. 45 in Columbus.
The hearing will take place from 4 p.m. until7 p.m. June 17 at the James M. Trotter Convention Center in Columbus.
Citizens are invited to come and go as they please during the hours of the hearing to view the department’s alternatives and to speak to MDOT representatives concerning design, right-of-way acquisition, and environmental issues. Citizens are encouraged to make written and/or taped comments that will become part of the hearing’s permanent record.
A preliminary environmental assessment document will be available for public inspection at the Mississippi Department of Transportation Administrative Office Building in Jackson, the MDOT First District Office in Tupelo, the Lowndes County Courthouse in Columbus, Columbus City Hall, the Columbus/Lowndes County Public Library in Columbus and the Federal Highway Administration in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi