MDOT to hold hearing on highway bypass
COLUMBUS — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has scheduled an open forum public hearing to discuss a proposed bypass at U.S. 45 in Columbus.
The hearing will take place from 4 p.m. until7 p.m. June 17 at the James M. Trotter Convention Center in Columbus.
Citizens are invited to come and go as they please during the hours of the hearing to view the department’s alternatives and to speak to MDOT representatives concerning design, right-of-way acquisition, and environmental issues. Citizens are encouraged to make written and/or taped comments that will become part of the hearing’s permanent record.
A preliminary environmental assessment document will be available for public inspection at the Mississippi Department of Transportation Administrative Office Building in Jackson, the MDOT First District Office in Tupelo, the Lowndes County Courthouse in Columbus, Columbus City Hall, the Columbus/Lowndes County Public Library in Columbus and the Federal Highway Administration in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project