MDOT to hold hearing on highway bypass
COLUMBUS — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has scheduled an open forum public hearing to discuss a proposed bypass at U.S. 45 in Columbus.
The hearing will take place from 4 p.m. until7 p.m. June 17 at the James M. Trotter Convention Center in Columbus.
Citizens are invited to come and go as they please during the hours of the hearing to view the department’s alternatives and to speak to MDOT representatives concerning design, right-of-way acquisition, and environmental issues. Citizens are encouraged to make written and/or taped comments that will become part of the hearing’s permanent record.
A preliminary environmental assessment document will be available for public inspection at the Mississippi Department of Transportation Administrative Office Building in Jackson, the MDOT First District Office in Tupelo, the Lowndes County Courthouse in Columbus, Columbus City Hall, the Columbus/Lowndes County Public Library in Columbus and the Federal Highway Administration in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three