NVision offering oil spill app for iPhone
Published: June 17,2010
HANCOCK COUNTY — In response to the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig oil disaster in the Gulf of Mexico, NVision Solutions has released the Oil Spill Response iPhone App.
The free app allows users to report oil incidents found along the coastal regions including oiled shorelines and wildlife as well as generic reports on oil related damage and oil related incidents.
Users can upload images along with their reports. Reports are available for viewing in an online map as well as on the iPhone. The app can be downloaded at the iTunes Store.
In addition to the iPhone app, NVision has responded to the disaster by embedding personnel at the Hancock County Emergency Operations Center, supporting the Mississippi National Guard’s use of the HazNet emergency response system, working in the EPA Command Center in Mobile, Ala., providing updated oil boom deployment maps and printing waterproof mapbooks for marine-based oil recovery and protection operations in the Mississippi Sound.
“Not only are our offices located in the coastal area of Hancock County, Miss., all of the NVision staff live along the Gulf Coast in Mississippi and Louisiana,” said Craig Harvey of NVision Solutions. “Just like Hurricane Katrina, this disaster is hitting us where we live and work. We are drawing on our experience and lessons learned from Katrina to do all we can to help respond to the oil spill.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending