Highway-widening project underway
NEW ALBANY — Transportation officials have kicked off an $18-million project to expand heavily traveled Mississippi Highway 15 to five lanes through New Albany.
Northern District Transportation Commissioner Bill Minor says the project is expected to be completed in June 2012.
Minor says the work will take so long because several bridges are involved, including what will be a five-lane bridge over the Burlington Northern rail line.
Minor says the project will help Ripley and Ecru as well because of the traffic to and from Ashley Furniture and other industries.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal