Highway-widening project underway
NEW ALBANY — Transportation officials have kicked off an $18-million project to expand heavily traveled Mississippi Highway 15 to five lanes through New Albany.
Northern District Transportation Commissioner Bill Minor says the project is expected to be completed in June 2012.
Minor says the work will take so long because several bridges are involved, including what will be a five-lane bridge over the Burlington Northern rail line.
Minor says the project will help Ripley and Ecru as well because of the traffic to and from Ashley Furniture and other industries.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement