Highway-widening project underway
NEW ALBANY — Transportation officials have kicked off an $18-million project to expand heavily traveled Mississippi Highway 15 to five lanes through New Albany.
Northern District Transportation Commissioner Bill Minor says the project is expected to be completed in June 2012.
Minor says the work will take so long because several bridges are involved, including what will be a five-lane bridge over the Burlington Northern rail line.
Minor says the project will help Ripley and Ecru as well because of the traffic to and from Ashley Furniture and other industries.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three