Highway-widening project underway
NEW ALBANY — Transportation officials have kicked off an $18-million project to expand heavily traveled Mississippi Highway 15 to five lanes through New Albany.
Northern District Transportation Commissioner Bill Minor says the project is expected to be completed in June 2012.
Minor says the work will take so long because several bridges are involved, including what will be a five-lane bridge over the Burlington Northern rail line.
Minor says the project will help Ripley and Ecru as well because of the traffic to and from Ashley Furniture and other industries.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi