Highway-widening project underway
NEW ALBANY — Transportation officials have kicked off an $18-million project to expand heavily traveled Mississippi Highway 15 to five lanes through New Albany.
Northern District Transportation Commissioner Bill Minor says the project is expected to be completed in June 2012.
Minor says the work will take so long because several bridges are involved, including what will be a five-lane bridge over the Burlington Northern rail line.
Minor says the project will help Ripley and Ecru as well because of the traffic to and from Ashley Furniture and other industries.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping
- Jackson air fares among most expensive in the nation