State’s unemployment rate drops slightly
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s unemployment rate dropped slightly to 11.4 percent in May while still far exceeding the figure from a year ago.
The jobless figure for April was 11.5 percent.
The federal Bureau of Labor Statistics says the unemployment list dropped by 2,300 last month.
In May 2008, the unemployment rate for the state was 9.3 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “State’s unemployment rate drops slightly”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast