State’s unemployment rate drops slightly
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s unemployment rate dropped slightly to 11.4 percent in May while still far exceeding the figure from a year ago.
The jobless figure for April was 11.5 percent.
The federal Bureau of Labor Statistics says the unemployment list dropped by 2,300 last month.
In May 2008, the unemployment rate for the state was 9.3 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “State’s unemployment rate drops slightly”
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Baker Donelson recognized