State’s unemployment rate drops slightly
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s unemployment rate dropped slightly to 11.4 percent in May while still far exceeding the figure from a year ago.
The jobless figure for April was 11.5 percent.
The federal Bureau of Labor Statistics says the unemployment list dropped by 2,300 last month.
In May 2008, the unemployment rate for the state was 9.3 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “State’s unemployment rate drops slightly”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation