State’s unemployment rate drops slightly
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s unemployment rate dropped slightly to 11.4 percent in May while still far exceeding the figure from a year ago.
The jobless figure for April was 11.5 percent.
The federal Bureau of Labor Statistics says the unemployment list dropped by 2,300 last month.
In May 2008, the unemployment rate for the state was 9.3 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “State’s unemployment rate drops slightly”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form