State’s unemployment rate drops slightly
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s unemployment rate dropped slightly to 11.4 percent in May while still far exceeding the figure from a year ago.
The jobless figure for April was 11.5 percent.
The federal Bureau of Labor Statistics says the unemployment list dropped by 2,300 last month.
In May 2008, the unemployment rate for the state was 9.3 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “State’s unemployment rate drops slightly”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal