Tunica RiverPark featured in atlas
TUNICA — The best places to stop in America when taking a road trip have been named, and the Tunica RiverPark came out on top.
Rand McNally, America’s most trusted source for maps, directions and travel content, has chosen Tunica over millions of locations as a unique travel destination for the prestigious Best of the Road award program.
“The river that made America was the Mississippi River, and the Tunica RiverPark gives visitors to Tunica the chance to see the Mighty Mississippi up close at one of the most pristine settings in the country,” said Steve Gelvin, park manager of the Tunica RiverPark.
For the “2011 Road Atlas,” Rand McNally editors developed and presented three trips in the first pages of the atlas, each planned for three-day trips. These include “Following Old Man River,” a trip from Natchez to Tunica.
In developing the trips, editors considered locations that are lesser-known or off the beaten path, are unique or have special character, capture the region’s essence, and appeal to a broad range of people. Each trip includes maps and directions and lists of “best known” spots. In addition, Rand McNally’s experts presented stops along the route that showcase the unique aspects of each region.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015