Tunica RiverPark featured in atlas
TUNICA — The best places to stop in America when taking a road trip have been named, and the Tunica RiverPark came out on top.
Rand McNally, America’s most trusted source for maps, directions and travel content, has chosen Tunica over millions of locations as a unique travel destination for the prestigious Best of the Road award program.
“The river that made America was the Mississippi River, and the Tunica RiverPark gives visitors to Tunica the chance to see the Mighty Mississippi up close at one of the most pristine settings in the country,” said Steve Gelvin, park manager of the Tunica RiverPark.
For the “2011 Road Atlas,” Rand McNally editors developed and presented three trips in the first pages of the atlas, each planned for three-day trips. These include “Following Old Man River,” a trip from Natchez to Tunica.
In developing the trips, editors considered locations that are lesser-known or off the beaten path, are unique or have special character, capture the region’s essence, and appeal to a broad range of people. Each trip includes maps and directions and lists of “best known” spots. In addition, Rand McNally’s experts presented stops along the route that showcase the unique aspects of each region.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet