Tunica RiverPark featured in atlas
TUNICA — The best places to stop in America when taking a road trip have been named, and the Tunica RiverPark came out on top.
Rand McNally, America’s most trusted source for maps, directions and travel content, has chosen Tunica over millions of locations as a unique travel destination for the prestigious Best of the Road award program.
“The river that made America was the Mississippi River, and the Tunica RiverPark gives visitors to Tunica the chance to see the Mighty Mississippi up close at one of the most pristine settings in the country,” said Steve Gelvin, park manager of the Tunica RiverPark.
For the “2011 Road Atlas,” Rand McNally editors developed and presented three trips in the first pages of the atlas, each planned for three-day trips. These include “Following Old Man River,” a trip from Natchez to Tunica.
In developing the trips, editors considered locations that are lesser-known or off the beaten path, are unique or have special character, capture the region’s essence, and appeal to a broad range of people. Each trip includes maps and directions and lists of “best known” spots. In addition, Rand McNally’s experts presented stops along the route that showcase the unique aspects of each region.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life