Government should stay out of oil recovery
I understand all the anger and devastation this oil spill has brought. But if the government “seizes” BP, it will then be the taxpayers who have to pay. Leave it to BP, which knows as much as anybody about deep-water drilling, to fix this. I’m afraid if the government seizes yet another industry, it will be a pure political nightmare. I don’t think the politicians know anything about fixing this problem. We have to someday wake up and realize that government isn’t the solution to ALL our problems! Now this is going to be a reason to put “cap and trade” into law. That will sink this country like a rock! Can anybody afford for their utilities to “skyrocket?” This is the word used by President Obama himself, skyrocket! Is this what the country needs right now, when we are still mired in a deep recession?
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years