Government should stay out of oil recovery
I understand all the anger and devastation this oil spill has brought. But if the government “seizes” BP, it will then be the taxpayers who have to pay. Leave it to BP, which knows as much as anybody about deep-water drilling, to fix this. I’m afraid if the government seizes yet another industry, it will be a pure political nightmare. I don’t think the politicians know anything about fixing this problem. We have to someday wake up and realize that government isn’t the solution to ALL our problems! Now this is going to be a reason to put “cap and trade” into law. That will sink this country like a rock! Can anybody afford for their utilities to “skyrocket?” This is the word used by President Obama himself, skyrocket! Is this what the country needs right now, when we are still mired in a deep recession?
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year