Government should stay out of oil recovery
I understand all the anger and devastation this oil spill has brought. But if the government “seizes” BP, it will then be the taxpayers who have to pay. Leave it to BP, which knows as much as anybody about deep-water drilling, to fix this. I’m afraid if the government seizes yet another industry, it will be a pure political nightmare. I don’t think the politicians know anything about fixing this problem. We have to someday wake up and realize that government isn’t the solution to ALL our problems! Now this is going to be a reason to put “cap and trade” into law. That will sink this country like a rock! Can anybody afford for their utilities to “skyrocket?” This is the word used by President Obama himself, skyrocket! Is this what the country needs right now, when we are still mired in a deep recession?
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force