Government should stay out of oil recovery
I understand all the anger and devastation this oil spill has brought. But if the government “seizes” BP, it will then be the taxpayers who have to pay. Leave it to BP, which knows as much as anybody about deep-water drilling, to fix this. I’m afraid if the government seizes yet another industry, it will be a pure political nightmare. I don’t think the politicians know anything about fixing this problem. We have to someday wake up and realize that government isn’t the solution to ALL our problems! Now this is going to be a reason to put “cap and trade” into law. That will sink this country like a rock! Can anybody afford for their utilities to “skyrocket?” This is the word used by President Obama himself, skyrocket! Is this what the country needs right now, when we are still mired in a deep recession?
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan