Green wins top research award
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 20,2010
Delta State associate professor of sociology and community development Dr. John Green was recently awarded the 2010 Ted K. Bradshaw Outstanding Research Award. The award is presented by the Community Development Society in recognition of outstanding contributions to community development.
Green received his bachelor’s in political science and master’s in sociology from Mississippi State University. He obtained his Ph.D. in rural sociology from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 2002 and returned to Mississippi as a faculty member in the Division of Social Sciences at Delta State University.
During 2009-2010, he has been interim chair for the Division of Social Sciences and acting chair of the Department of History.
Green is the founding director of the Institute for Community-Based Research at Delta State.
In addition to his faculty positions at Delta State, Green has professional appointments as a consultant to the Michigan Center for Public Health Preparedness, University of Michigan and a Research Fellow at the Social Science Research Center, Mississippi State University. He was awarded the Delta State Foundation Prizes for Excellence in Service and for Excellence in Research, and the Rural Sociological Society’s Award for Excellence in Extension and Public Outreach in 2009.
He served as president of the Alabama-Mississippi Sociological Association, and he is currently a council member with the Rural Sociological Society.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option