Green wins top research award
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 20,2010
Delta State associate professor of sociology and community development Dr. John Green was recently awarded the 2010 Ted K. Bradshaw Outstanding Research Award. The award is presented by the Community Development Society in recognition of outstanding contributions to community development.
Green received his bachelor’s in political science and master’s in sociology from Mississippi State University. He obtained his Ph.D. in rural sociology from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 2002 and returned to Mississippi as a faculty member in the Division of Social Sciences at Delta State University.
During 2009-2010, he has been interim chair for the Division of Social Sciences and acting chair of the Department of History.
Green is the founding director of the Institute for Community-Based Research at Delta State.
In addition to his faculty positions at Delta State, Green has professional appointments as a consultant to the Michigan Center for Public Health Preparedness, University of Michigan and a Research Fellow at the Social Science Research Center, Mississippi State University. He was awarded the Delta State Foundation Prizes for Excellence in Service and for Excellence in Research, and the Rural Sociological Society’s Award for Excellence in Extension and Public Outreach in 2009.
He served as president of the Alabama-Mississippi Sociological Association, and he is currently a council member with the Rural Sociological Society.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win