McGee-Collier named to new MDEQ position
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 20,2010
Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) has selected Melissa McGee-Collier as the director of the Office of Community Engagement. This newly created position will coordinate environmental justice, community engagement, and workforce events.
McGee-Collier has been with MDEQ since 1995 and has held previous positions in the Air Division, in the Environmental Compliance Enforcement Division’s Timber and Wood Products Branch and in the Data Integration Division where she worked on the implementation of the agency’s data management system, en Site, and other information management systems.
She earned a bachelor of science degree in chemical engineering and a masters of public policy and administration from Mississippi State University. She is a former resident of Laurel and is the daughter of Percy and Willie Pearl McGee.
McGee-Collier lives in Hinds County with her husband, Kenneth and three children: Kennedy, Karrington and Isaac.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme