McGee-Collier named to new MDEQ position
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 20,2010
Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) has selected Melissa McGee-Collier as the director of the Office of Community Engagement. This newly created position will coordinate environmental justice, community engagement, and workforce events.
McGee-Collier has been with MDEQ since 1995 and has held previous positions in the Air Division, in the Environmental Compliance Enforcement Division’s Timber and Wood Products Branch and in the Data Integration Division where she worked on the implementation of the agency’s data management system, en Site, and other information management systems.
She earned a bachelor of science degree in chemical engineering and a masters of public policy and administration from Mississippi State University. She is a former resident of Laurel and is the daughter of Percy and Willie Pearl McGee.
McGee-Collier lives in Hinds County with her husband, Kenneth and three children: Kennedy, Karrington and Isaac.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015