McGee-Collier named to new MDEQ position
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 20,2010
Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) has selected Melissa McGee-Collier as the director of the Office of Community Engagement. This newly created position will coordinate environmental justice, community engagement, and workforce events.
McGee-Collier has been with MDEQ since 1995 and has held previous positions in the Air Division, in the Environmental Compliance Enforcement Division’s Timber and Wood Products Branch and in the Data Integration Division where she worked on the implementation of the agency’s data management system, en Site, and other information management systems.
She earned a bachelor of science degree in chemical engineering and a masters of public policy and administration from Mississippi State University. She is a former resident of Laurel and is the daughter of Percy and Willie Pearl McGee.
McGee-Collier lives in Hinds County with her husband, Kenneth and three children: Kennedy, Karrington and Isaac.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters