McGee-Collier named to new MDEQ position
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 20,2010
Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) has selected Melissa McGee-Collier as the director of the Office of Community Engagement. This newly created position will coordinate environmental justice, community engagement, and workforce events.
McGee-Collier has been with MDEQ since 1995 and has held previous positions in the Air Division, in the Environmental Compliance Enforcement Division’s Timber and Wood Products Branch and in the Data Integration Division where she worked on the implementation of the agency’s data management system, en Site, and other information management systems.
She earned a bachelor of science degree in chemical engineering and a masters of public policy and administration from Mississippi State University. She is a former resident of Laurel and is the daughter of Percy and Willie Pearl McGee.
McGee-Collier lives in Hinds County with her husband, Kenneth and three children: Kennedy, Karrington and Isaac.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner