McGee-Collier named to new MDEQ position
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 20,2010
Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) has selected Melissa McGee-Collier as the director of the Office of Community Engagement. This newly created position will coordinate environmental justice, community engagement, and workforce events.
McGee-Collier has been with MDEQ since 1995 and has held previous positions in the Air Division, in the Environmental Compliance Enforcement Division’s Timber and Wood Products Branch and in the Data Integration Division where she worked on the implementation of the agency’s data management system, en Site, and other information management systems.
She earned a bachelor of science degree in chemical engineering and a masters of public policy and administration from Mississippi State University. She is a former resident of Laurel and is the daughter of Percy and Willie Pearl McGee.
McGee-Collier lives in Hinds County with her husband, Kenneth and three children: Kennedy, Karrington and Isaac.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility