Odom named dean at William Carey
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 20,2010
Dr. Don Odom has been appointed dean of the Winters School of Music at William Carey University after a 20-year tenure at the Baptist College of Florida, serving as professor of church music and voice and chair of the division of music and worship. Odom graduated from William Carey in 1978 with the bachelor of music in church music and in 1980 with the master of music in music history. In 1991, he received the doctor of musical arts degree from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary.
Odom has served churches in Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, and Florida.
He has been a frequent guest conductor and conference leader across the U.S. and Canada for a variety of ages and choral ensembles.
Odom takes over for Dr. Mark Malone of Hattiesburg, who will serve as professor of music and coordinator of music education. Malone served as dean since 2006.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs