Odom named dean at William Carey
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 20,2010
Dr. Don Odom has been appointed dean of the Winters School of Music at William Carey University after a 20-year tenure at the Baptist College of Florida, serving as professor of church music and voice and chair of the division of music and worship. Odom graduated from William Carey in 1978 with the bachelor of music in church music and in 1980 with the master of music in music history. In 1991, he received the doctor of musical arts degree from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary.
Odom has served churches in Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, and Florida.
He has been a frequent guest conductor and conference leader across the U.S. and Canada for a variety of ages and choral ensembles.
Odom takes over for Dr. Mark Malone of Hattiesburg, who will serve as professor of music and coordinator of music education. Malone served as dean since 2006.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager