Odom named dean at William Carey
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 20,2010
Dr. Don Odom has been appointed dean of the Winters School of Music at William Carey University after a 20-year tenure at the Baptist College of Florida, serving as professor of church music and voice and chair of the division of music and worship. Odom graduated from William Carey in 1978 with the bachelor of music in church music and in 1980 with the master of music in music history. In 1991, he received the doctor of musical arts degree from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary.
Odom has served churches in Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, and Florida.
He has been a frequent guest conductor and conference leader across the U.S. and Canada for a variety of ages and choral ensembles.
Odom takes over for Dr. Mark Malone of Hattiesburg, who will serve as professor of music and coordinator of music education. Malone served as dean since 2006.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds