Odom named dean at William Carey
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 20,2010
Dr. Don Odom has been appointed dean of the Winters School of Music at William Carey University after a 20-year tenure at the Baptist College of Florida, serving as professor of church music and voice and chair of the division of music and worship. Odom graduated from William Carey in 1978 with the bachelor of music in church music and in 1980 with the master of music in music history. In 1991, he received the doctor of musical arts degree from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary.
Odom has served churches in Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, and Florida.
He has been a frequent guest conductor and conference leader across the U.S. and Canada for a variety of ages and choral ensembles.
Odom takes over for Dr. Mark Malone of Hattiesburg, who will serve as professor of music and coordinator of music education. Malone served as dean since 2006.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Education leaders applying for $15M in grants for pre-kindergarten program