CAVS symposium draws international attendees
Published: June 22,2010
STARKVILLE — A professional gathering of about 80 international authorities on computer modeling and simulation will be sponsored June 22-25 by Mississippi State University’s (MSU’s) Center for Advanced Vehicular Systems at the Cochran Research Park.
For the second year, the university’s Symposium of Predictive Science and Technology of Mechanics and Materials brings together representatives of academia and industry with counterparts in the U.S. departments of Defense and Energy. This is the second of three such CAVS-hosted events held biannually.
Emerging research, new techniques and high-performance computing in engineering can lead to better designed manufacturing facilities and procedures, said event co-organizer Mark Horstemeyer, an MSU professor of mechanics and CAVS chair in computational solid mechanics.
While not a public event, sessions are open to interested members of the news media.
The schedule includes a summary of CAVS’ scientific and technical progress. Also, at various sessions during the week, participants will present research findings on a variety of areas, including fracture of materials, multi-scale modeling of metals, polymers, composites and biological and bio-inspired materials.
A complete schedule and additional details are available at www.cavs.msstate.edu/symposium/.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan