CAVS symposium draws international attendees
Published: June 22,2010
STARKVILLE — A professional gathering of about 80 international authorities on computer modeling and simulation will be sponsored June 22-25 by Mississippi State University’s (MSU’s) Center for Advanced Vehicular Systems at the Cochran Research Park.
For the second year, the university’s Symposium of Predictive Science and Technology of Mechanics and Materials brings together representatives of academia and industry with counterparts in the U.S. departments of Defense and Energy. This is the second of three such CAVS-hosted events held biannually.
Emerging research, new techniques and high-performance computing in engineering can lead to better designed manufacturing facilities and procedures, said event co-organizer Mark Horstemeyer, an MSU professor of mechanics and CAVS chair in computational solid mechanics.
While not a public event, sessions are open to interested members of the news media.
The schedule includes a summary of CAVS’ scientific and technical progress. Also, at various sessions during the week, participants will present research findings on a variety of areas, including fracture of materials, multi-scale modeling of metals, polymers, composites and biological and bio-inspired materials.
A complete schedule and additional details are available at www.cavs.msstate.edu/symposium/.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics