VT Halter readies to christen new research ship
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine Inc. will hold the christening for the T-AGM 25 missile range instrumentation ship June 26 at 1 p.m. at VT Halter’s Pascagoula Operations on Bayou Casotte Parkway.
Susan Lorenzen Black of Bellevue, Wash., will christen the ship the USNS Howard O. Lorenzen. Black is the daughter of ship’s namesake, the late Dr. Howard O. Lorenzen.
T-AGM 25 will replace USNS Observation Island as the support platform for the Cobra Judy Replacement Program, which provides worldwide, high-quality, high-resolution, multi-wavelength radar intelligence data. It will be crewed by the Military Sealift Command.
Upon completion, the vessel will be added to a fleet of other oceanographic and hydrographic survey and special mission ships.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation