VT Halter readies to christen new research ship
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine Inc. will hold the christening for the T-AGM 25 missile range instrumentation ship June 26 at 1 p.m. at VT Halter’s Pascagoula Operations on Bayou Casotte Parkway.
Susan Lorenzen Black of Bellevue, Wash., will christen the ship the USNS Howard O. Lorenzen. Black is the daughter of ship’s namesake, the late Dr. Howard O. Lorenzen.
T-AGM 25 will replace USNS Observation Island as the support platform for the Cobra Judy Replacement Program, which provides worldwide, high-quality, high-resolution, multi-wavelength radar intelligence data. It will be crewed by the Military Sealift Command.
Upon completion, the vessel will be added to a fleet of other oceanographic and hydrographic survey and special mission ships.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015