VT Halter readies to christen new research ship
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine Inc. will hold the christening for the T-AGM 25 missile range instrumentation ship June 26 at 1 p.m. at VT Halter’s Pascagoula Operations on Bayou Casotte Parkway.
Susan Lorenzen Black of Bellevue, Wash., will christen the ship the USNS Howard O. Lorenzen. Black is the daughter of ship’s namesake, the late Dr. Howard O. Lorenzen.
T-AGM 25 will replace USNS Observation Island as the support platform for the Cobra Judy Replacement Program, which provides worldwide, high-quality, high-resolution, multi-wavelength radar intelligence data. It will be crewed by the Military Sealift Command.
Upon completion, the vessel will be added to a fleet of other oceanographic and hydrographic survey and special mission ships.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option