VT Halter readies to christen new research ship
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine Inc. will hold the christening for the T-AGM 25 missile range instrumentation ship June 26 at 1 p.m. at VT Halter’s Pascagoula Operations on Bayou Casotte Parkway.
Susan Lorenzen Black of Bellevue, Wash., will christen the ship the USNS Howard O. Lorenzen. Black is the daughter of ship’s namesake, the late Dr. Howard O. Lorenzen.
T-AGM 25 will replace USNS Observation Island as the support platform for the Cobra Judy Replacement Program, which provides worldwide, high-quality, high-resolution, multi-wavelength radar intelligence data. It will be crewed by the Military Sealift Command.
Upon completion, the vessel will be added to a fleet of other oceanographic and hydrographic survey and special mission ships.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino