Ex-Qwest CEO’s expert to present analysis
Published: June 23,2010
DENVER — A judge considering a new sentence for former Qwest CEO Joseph Nacchio for insider trading convictions has already heard one expert’s opinion of how much Nacchio gained from allegedly selling stock using information the public didn’t have.
Today, Nacchio’s own expert is presenting his analysis.
Prosecutors say Nacchio sold $52 million worth of stock in 2001 based on insider information. He was sentenced in 2007 to serve six years in prison, pay $19 million in fines and forfeit $52 million, but a federal appeals court ruled the sentence was too harsh because a judge miscalculated Nacchio’s net gains from the stock sales.
U.S. District Court Judge Marcia Krieger has indicated she could announce a new sentence tomorrow.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41