GEO Group awarded prison contract
by Wally Northway
Published: June 23,2010
HOLLY SPRINGS — The GEO Group has signed a new contract with the Mississippi Department of Corrections for the continued management of the 1,000-bed Marshall County Correctional Facility located in Holly Springs.
The new managed-only contract will have a term of five years effective Sept. 1, and is expected to generate approximately $11.2 million in annualized revenues. GEO has managed the Marshall County Correctional Facility since June 1996.
Boca Raton, Fla.-based GEO also has signed a new contract with the Louisiana Department of Public Safety and Corrections for the continued management of the 1,538-bed Allen Correctional Center located in Kinder, Louisiana. The new managed-only contract will have a term of ten years effective July 1, and is expected to generate approximately $17.7 million in annualized revenues. GEO has managed the Allen Correctional Center since Dec. 1990.
GEO also announced the discontinuation of its managed-only contract for the 520-bed Bridgeport Correctional Center in Texas following a competitive re-bid process conducted by the State of Texas. The managed-only contract, which generated approximately $5.7 million in annualized revenues, will be transitioned to another operator effective August 31.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger