GEO Group awarded prison contract
by Wally Northway
Published: June 23,2010
HOLLY SPRINGS — The GEO Group has signed a new contract with the Mississippi Department of Corrections for the continued management of the 1,000-bed Marshall County Correctional Facility located in Holly Springs.
The new managed-only contract will have a term of five years effective Sept. 1, and is expected to generate approximately $11.2 million in annualized revenues. GEO has managed the Marshall County Correctional Facility since June 1996.
Boca Raton, Fla.-based GEO also has signed a new contract with the Louisiana Department of Public Safety and Corrections for the continued management of the 1,538-bed Allen Correctional Center located in Kinder, Louisiana. The new managed-only contract will have a term of ten years effective July 1, and is expected to generate approximately $17.7 million in annualized revenues. GEO has managed the Allen Correctional Center since Dec. 1990.
GEO also announced the discontinuation of its managed-only contract for the 520-bed Bridgeport Correctional Center in Texas following a competitive re-bid process conducted by the State of Texas. The managed-only contract, which generated approximately $5.7 million in annualized revenues, will be transitioned to another operator effective August 31.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Stacey Pickering wins Patriot Award
- Officials hoping quail numbers will rebound