GEO Group awarded prison contract
HOLLY SPRINGS — The GEO Group has signed a new contract with the Mississippi Department of Corrections for the continued management of the 1,000-bed Marshall County Correctional Facility located in Holly Springs.
The new managed-only contract will have a term of five years effective Sept. 1, and is expected to generate approximately $11.2 million in annualized revenues. GEO has managed the Marshall County Correctional Facility since June 1996.
Boca Raton, Fla.-based GEO also has signed a new contract with the Louisiana Department of Public Safety and Corrections for the continued management of the 1,538-bed Allen Correctional Center located in Kinder, Louisiana. The new managed-only contract will have a term of ten years effective July 1, and is expected to generate approximately $17.7 million in annualized revenues. GEO has managed the Allen Correctional Center since Dec. 1990.
GEO also announced the discontinuation of its managed-only contract for the 520-bed Bridgeport Correctional Center in Texas following a competitive re-bid process conducted by the State of Texas. The managed-only contract, which generated approximately $5.7 million in annualized revenues, will be transitioned to another operator effective August 31.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending