Hancock fund receives highest overall rating
GULFPORT — In recognition of Hancock Horizon Funds’ 10th anniversary, Hancock Holding Company is celebrating the long-term strength and stability of the company’s unique family of funds with special recognition going once again to the Hancock Horizon Value Fund.
Having grown to $900 million in assets to date from $245 million at its inception, the Hancock Horizon Funds is one of the largest mutual fund families in Mississippi and the Gulf South region.
“We are especially proud of how our fund complex has performed and it is exciting for the Value Fund to receive Morningstar’s highest overall rating as we commemorate this milestone,” said, Hancock Horizon Fund senior vice \president, director of equities and research David Lundgren. “In the last decade, the Value Fund has performed well returning 5.6 percent annually compared to the S&P 500, which had a slightly negative return for the same period. Overall, the Hancock Horizon Funds’ growth serves as a reminder of Hancock Bank’s resilience and the pivotal role our company plays in helping the people of our communities achieve their financial goals.”
Morningstar’s five-star rating is given to the top 10 percent of funds with similar investment styles. The Morningstar Rating is based on mathematical evaluation of past performance — both return and risk.
The Hancock Horizon Funds encompass seven funds that are individually style specific and designed to complement other funds in the Hancock Horizon family. The Value Fund was original to the Fund complex when it was introduced by Hancock Bank in 2000.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement