MDOT lets stimulus-funded road project
by Wally Northway
Published: June 23,2010
HATTIESBURG — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) authorized the expenditure of federal stimulus dollars to fund widening roads, repairs and overlaying in the City of Hattiesburg.
The Mississippi Transportation Commission approved the low bid of $503,493 submitted by Dunn Roadbuilders, LLC, to mill, widen, and overlay West Pine Street from Broadway Drive to U.S. 49 South. The contractor was issued a notice to proceed on the work and the contractor has completed all work on this project.
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) will spur transportation-related improvement work throughout the state in coming months. On each project, MDOT will work closely with local officials to ensure that all ARRA deadlines and requirements are met.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hunters urged to help fight wild hog population
- Alabama developer pleads guilty to wetlands violations
- Anderson to turn 22 the day he's sworn into Legislature
- Cochran: 'We are making progress' on farm bill
- Limited ferry service to island draws complaints
- Arkansas PSC welcomes new Entergy agreement
- Corps puts agriculturual land up for bid
- Report: State ranks sixth-lowest in post-claim car insurance hikes
- Grocery store settles discrimination case with EEOC
- County to borrow $24M for wood pellet terminal at port