MDOT lets stimulus-funded road project
Published: June 23,2010
HATTIESBURG — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) authorized the expenditure of federal stimulus dollars to fund widening roads, repairs and overlaying in the City of Hattiesburg.
The Mississippi Transportation Commission approved the low bid of $503,493 submitted by Dunn Roadbuilders, LLC, to mill, widen, and overlay West Pine Street from Broadway Drive to U.S. 49 South. The contractor was issued a notice to proceed on the work and the contractor has completed all work on this project.
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) will spur transportation-related improvement work throughout the state in coming months. On each project, MDOT will work closely with local officials to ensure that all ARRA deadlines and requirements are met.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues