MDOT lets stimulus-funded road project
Published: June 23,2010
HATTIESBURG — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) authorized the expenditure of federal stimulus dollars to fund widening roads, repairs and overlaying in the City of Hattiesburg.
The Mississippi Transportation Commission approved the low bid of $503,493 submitted by Dunn Roadbuilders, LLC, to mill, widen, and overlay West Pine Street from Broadway Drive to U.S. 49 South. The contractor was issued a notice to proceed on the work and the contractor has completed all work on this project.
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) will spur transportation-related improvement work throughout the state in coming months. On each project, MDOT will work closely with local officials to ensure that all ARRA deadlines and requirements are met.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete