MDOT lets stimulus-funded road project
Published: June 23,2010
HATTIESBURG — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) authorized the expenditure of federal stimulus dollars to fund widening roads, repairs and overlaying in the City of Hattiesburg.
The Mississippi Transportation Commission approved the low bid of $503,493 submitted by Dunn Roadbuilders, LLC, to mill, widen, and overlay West Pine Street from Broadway Drive to U.S. 49 South. The contractor was issued a notice to proceed on the work and the contractor has completed all work on this project.
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) will spur transportation-related improvement work throughout the state in coming months. On each project, MDOT will work closely with local officials to ensure that all ARRA deadlines and requirements are met.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics