MDOT lets stimulus-funded road project
Published: June 23,2010
HATTIESBURG — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) authorized the expenditure of federal stimulus dollars to fund widening roads, repairs and overlaying in the City of Hattiesburg.
The Mississippi Transportation Commission approved the low bid of $503,493 submitted by Dunn Roadbuilders, LLC, to mill, widen, and overlay West Pine Street from Broadway Drive to U.S. 49 South. The contractor was issued a notice to proceed on the work and the contractor has completed all work on this project.
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) will spur transportation-related improvement work throughout the state in coming months. On each project, MDOT will work closely with local officials to ensure that all ARRA deadlines and requirements are met.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62