MDOT lets stimulus-funded road project
by Wally Northway
Published: June 23,2010
HATTIESBURG — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) authorized the expenditure of federal stimulus dollars to fund widening roads, repairs and overlaying in the City of Hattiesburg.
The Mississippi Transportation Commission approved the low bid of $503,493 submitted by Dunn Roadbuilders, LLC, to mill, widen, and overlay West Pine Street from Broadway Drive to U.S. 49 South. The contractor was issued a notice to proceed on the work and the contractor has completed all work on this project.
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) will spur transportation-related improvement work throughout the state in coming months. On each project, MDOT will work closely with local officials to ensure that all ARRA deadlines and requirements are met.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation