Toyota Boshoku waiting on Toyota
DORSEY — Toyota Boshoku has invested about $80 million in its plant in the Dorsey community of Itawamba County.
Now the company is awaiting word from Toyota about whether it will get any work.
Toyota Boshoku is a manufacturer of automotive interior systems.
Todd Sousa, a senior manager at Toyota Boshoku, tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal that Toyota has not made its outsourcing decisions for the Blue Springs plant next year.
Sousa says he’s been told that the decision will be made in August or September.
He says Boshoku makes seats for multiple vehicles, so the company can handle the Corolla.
If and when the plant opens, Toyota Boshoku plans to employee between 500 and 600 people. Construction in the plant was completed last year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Toyota Boshoku waiting on Toyota”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner