Toyota Boshoku waiting on Toyota
DORSEY — Toyota Boshoku has invested about $80 million in its plant in the Dorsey community of Itawamba County.
Now the company is awaiting word from Toyota about whether it will get any work.
Toyota Boshoku is a manufacturer of automotive interior systems.
Todd Sousa, a senior manager at Toyota Boshoku, tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal that Toyota has not made its outsourcing decisions for the Blue Springs plant next year.
Sousa says he’s been told that the decision will be made in August or September.
He says Boshoku makes seats for multiple vehicles, so the company can handle the Corolla.
If and when the plant opens, Toyota Boshoku plans to employee between 500 and 600 people. Construction in the plant was completed last year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Toyota Boshoku waiting on Toyota”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option