Toyota Boshoku waiting on Toyota
DORSEY — Toyota Boshoku has invested about $80 million in its plant in the Dorsey community of Itawamba County.
Now the company is awaiting word from Toyota about whether it will get any work.
Toyota Boshoku is a manufacturer of automotive interior systems.
Todd Sousa, a senior manager at Toyota Boshoku, tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal that Toyota has not made its outsourcing decisions for the Blue Springs plant next year.
Sousa says he’s been told that the decision will be made in August or September.
He says Boshoku makes seats for multiple vehicles, so the company can handle the Corolla.
If and when the plant opens, Toyota Boshoku plans to employee between 500 and 600 people. Construction in the plant was completed last year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Toyota Boshoku waiting on Toyota”
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?