Toyota Boshoku waiting on Toyota
DORSEY — Toyota Boshoku has invested about $80 million in its plant in the Dorsey community of Itawamba County.
Now the company is awaiting word from Toyota about whether it will get any work.
Toyota Boshoku is a manufacturer of automotive interior systems.
Todd Sousa, a senior manager at Toyota Boshoku, tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal that Toyota has not made its outsourcing decisions for the Blue Springs plant next year.
Sousa says he’s been told that the decision will be made in August or September.
He says Boshoku makes seats for multiple vehicles, so the company can handle the Corolla.
If and when the plant opens, Toyota Boshoku plans to employee between 500 and 600 people. Construction in the plant was completed last year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Toyota Boshoku waiting on Toyota”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- Bank welcomes Little
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history