Toyota Boshoku waiting on Toyota
DORSEY — Toyota Boshoku has invested about $80 million in its plant in the Dorsey community of Itawamba County.
Now the company is awaiting word from Toyota about whether it will get any work.
Toyota Boshoku is a manufacturer of automotive interior systems.
Todd Sousa, a senior manager at Toyota Boshoku, tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal that Toyota has not made its outsourcing decisions for the Blue Springs plant next year.
Sousa says he’s been told that the decision will be made in August or September.
He says Boshoku makes seats for multiple vehicles, so the company can handle the Corolla.
If and when the plant opens, Toyota Boshoku plans to employee between 500 and 600 people. Construction in the plant was completed last year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Toyota Boshoku waiting on Toyota”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015