Freddie Mac exec fired for unspecified reason
Published: June 25,2010
MCLEAN, Va. — Freddie Mac says one of its executive vice presidents has been fired from his job.
The mortgage finance company disclosed the “termination” for Michael Perlman in a regulatory filing today.
Perlman was the executive vice president of the company’s operations and technology.
The company didn’t say why Perlman was let go Monday. But the company says his severance still needs to be approved by the Federal Housing Finance Agency.
He’ll remain an employee of the company until early August.
The mortgage finance company has been effectively owned by the government after nearly collapsing in Sept. 2008.
Its shares slipped a penny to 46 cents in morning trading.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Freddie Mac exec fired for unspecified reason”
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that