Jury to begin deciding whether mayor is crook
BAY ST. LOUIS — A Hancock County jury is expected to begin deliberations in the embezzlement trial of Waveland Mayor Tommy Longo.
The defense rested its case yesterday. Closing arguments are set for toay in Hancock County Circuit Court in Bay St. Louis.
Longo was arrested on Jan. 22 on charges that he allegedly used his city-issued Fuelman card for his personal vehicle on numerous occasions from around between Sept. 2008 and Aug. 2009. The total amount involved was $1,116, according to a state auditor’s report.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years